thewinelake

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally love the big dances, so my tops are:

1) Waltz

2) Aurora & prince Pd2 (esp spin & dive moves!)

3) Cats

4) Polonaise

5) Not a dance, but Carabosse & Auntie Lilac were a joy! Is it true that Lilac is white because Miss Lewis is allergic to purple?!

I still find Rose Adagio too stressful to watch happily.

Edited by thewinelake
  • Like 1

Someone told us that it's because she danced the lilac fairy so many times herself she can't stand the colour any more (don't know how true that is though) ;)

When I did eyb I got told not to wear my tring cba leotard for casting because miss Lewis hated purple and I didn't want to get on her bad side during casting!! So I think it is true that she is 'allergic to purple' but don't know if it's due to her doing lilac fairy so many times haha

Anyway, you all had a bit of a purple patch tonight - difference between Thursday and Saturday night quite remarkable. Just imagine if you did more! Took quite a few pics at the photo session to remember it by. Would it be OK/politic to upload one or two?

If it's just your dd and she's happy to be identified, then that's fine. If other children are in the photo then no, I'm afraid we don't allow that, as stated in the Acceptable Use Policy:

"Photos or videos displaying others’ children may not be linked to or displayed unless they are already in the public domain."

Facebook has different rules and you can select the audience for any particular photo or album. Plus if your child is a minor you can request that unauthorised photos of your child are removed.

The rules of the forum are something every member agrees to upon signing up. They have to be more stringent than Facebook due to the wholly public nature of the forum.

Just in case anyone thinks otherwise, I agree with the rules of this forum.

I think there is still a grey area for how organisations like EYB can manage what the children post themselves. Personally I'm quite liberal but can see that, for some, there are issues with social media (as distinct from managed publicity shots) that must conflict with their enthusiasm for their children to take part in things.

Anyway, I didn't want to make a big deal of it - just can't help but be fascinated by grey areas! ;-)

• Like 1

Organisations like EYB can't & have no right to manage what the children post themselves as private individuals on their own pages. What they could do (if they so wished) would be to ban private photography/videography backstage/during rehearsals & performances. They could also if they so wished prevent sharing of official photos taken under copyright rules (I once forced youtube to take down a video of a dance show promo as the copyright was held by me, the choreographer & the videographer.

But this forum is a public forum & has the right to dictate what others post as they have no way of knowing who holds the copyright to a photo taken at places like EYB or whether the photo taken was allowed.

• Like 2

I thought friends seemed to be a good role with some fun dances.

BTW - Don't suppose anyone hung around to the bitter end of the photo session did they? We had to leave to go for dinner so missed out on DD1's posing!

By the way On The Green was excellent - and very quick - could have been in and out with 2 courses within 45 mins, although I'll have to go back to enjoy a proper meal at leisure...

Edited by thewinelake