Tring CBA Associate classes

Primaballerina1

DD is auditioning for LCB (1 November) and if she doesn't get in to the company she wanted to audition for Tring CBA however we may be too late sending in the application form for Tring Cba. So we were wondering does Tring CBA have a deadline for when the application forms for the audition have to be in?

Tring CBA is a very competitive Associate Scheme and as you will have seen from reading previous threads, many children apply for few spaces. My advice would be to audition for both, and should you be lucky enough to have a choice, then decide at that point.

• Like 7

It all depends on a variety of things. Grade, age, places available. Each dancer is placed where they feel is most appropriate. My DD at year 8 was in group 5 but was the youngest, there were girls older than her in groups 3 & 4.

Classes are an hour and a half for the first ballet class, some groups get a short break then the second class which for groups 4-6 is pointe, is for 45mins.

Morning Primaballerina1. I have merged your two threads about Tring CBA. As previously discussed there are already many pre-existing threads about CBA and it is difficult for people to find information if there are too many separate threads on the same subject. If you have further questions about CBA could you add them to this thread?

Thank you.

• Like 1

It would, however, be far better if you could do it yourself :)  Subsequently moving things around, merging and editing them is a pain, to put it mildly, and the Mods are all volunteers with busy lives, jobs and so on.  Talking of which, I have 5000+ words calling my name ...

• Like 6

Yes of course!! To be quite honest I have no idea how to do it myself! Whoops

Alison didn't mean that you should be merging threads yourself - only Mods can do that. :-) What we mean is that if you continue posting in your current thread rather than starting a new one on the same subject, we won't *have* to merge threads - hope that makes sense!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, we applied for Tring Cba auditions about a month ago and we haven't heard back from them yet to say that DDs place has been confirmed for the audition. Is this normal, or should I phone in to ask about it?

You could phone and check that they received your application. It seems that Tring has a new Head of Associates though so she may be settling in and slowly getting through the Admin.

• Like 1

Hi Primaballerina. My DD is auditioning in Group 2. We got a confirmation email on 28th September from Nikki Denton so may be worth calling her? Don't suppose anyone has any idea of how many places are likely to be available (particularly in Group 2!) I understand very few given that it's a mid-year audition.

The group that you audition in isn't the group that you would necessarily be placed in. There are 6 CBA groups but often 3 or 4 groups for the audition. It then depends which group has spaces.

I will have a look on Sunday and see if any groups look particularly light. Won't see the older groups though as we are gone by lunchtime.