Dancing Times

Or Sadler's Wells. I've spotted DT and Dance Europe in the odd WHSmiths, but it's pretty rare. Unfortunately, the bookshop chains which used to stock it seem to be the ones which have closed down.

My corner shop gets one in for me. They sell the usual newspapers and magazines but it seems they can actually get in any magazine you want, including foreign ones! I live in a small village, so I can imagine that applies whereever you are.

Does anyone know of newsagent chains stocking Dancing Times - WH Smith used to round here but they don't any more; or is it a case of subscribing?

Place am order with your local newsagent, and they can probably get it in for you. Then either deliver it with your daily paper, or keep it for you in the shop, if you don't get a delivery

Living in Northern Ireland, and not wanting to bother with a subscription, i buy copies when i want one off Ebay. There`s usually always someone selling various editions, and it works out they often sell them a little bit cheaper as well.

• 7 months later...

I like both "Dancing Times" and "Dance Europe". Dance Europe I think gives more reviews of companies abroad. If it is a sub for someone who is thinking of auditioning then "Dance Europe" is very good with audition info. Though, of course, it is also available on their website..

I get both via subscription as none stock it locally.

I've got the impression on flicking through in recent months that DT's actual coverage of UK dance has actually shrunk, at least in terms of word counts: some of the reviews of individual programmes have been very short. Can anyone else who actually reads it confirm this?

I've taken the Dancing Times since Dance and Dancers folded. I think for mainly UK it is very good, although they also seem to have more international coverage now. I sometimes supplement with Dance Europe, which has a lot more European coverage. With both magazines some issues are of more interest than others. I agree with Julie that if you are thinking of auditioning for a company, Dance Europe is probably better in that respect.

I enjoy Dancing Times, although what I would like more of is articles and general information for the uninitiated, and for the parents of dancing children.

Many of us parents find ourselves reading the magazine, but come from a dance-free background and have a steep learning curve to negotiate!

• 8 years later...

I noticed in one of last month's Links from the Dancing Times that an electronic subscription is now available for £9.99 a year.  (It may of course have been that way for some time!)  Sounds like an absolute bargain.

5 minutes ago, alison said:

I noticed in one of last month's Links from the Dancing Times that an electronic subscription is now available for £9.99 a year.  (It may of course have been that way for some time!)  Sounds like an absolute bargain.

and they're having a sale -  Now £5.99 billed annually

https://pocketmags.com/dancing-times-magazine