Pointe Shoe fitters, London

munchkin16

Just Ballet - how does the fitting of Grishko and Russian Pointe compare?  I have a bunch of girls with extremely narrow, shallow feet (must be an odd gene pool round here).  They are in Grishko at the moment as that is the narrowest we have found so far.  I am not keen on Gaynors for beginning pointework, although I do allow them later.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Pas de quatre

The Russian pointe shoes come in 5 widths, like Grishko and there are lots of styles to choose from, with different size platforms, crown height etc.

Within each style, as well as specifying width, you can change vamp height and shank strength.

We put together a quick guide to different shoes that may be useful. http://www.justballet.co.uk/blog/articles/pointe-shoesthe-low-down/

Sx

• Like 1

Hello Alongfortheridemum! My DD has been fitted with several brands of pointe shoes many times at Dancia..always had good shoes fitted and very friendly helpful service too! It's worth noting that they can post items directly to students at vocational school and offer a generous discount for vocational students too (every little helps!)

Just had the most wonderful experience in capezio the lady was so thorough and wanted to accomodate everything. Bloch not so good fitter was lovely but not suited to anything at the moment and not as thorough and everything was contradiction to what I was told in capezio. Very happy with my new shoes ????

• 2 weeks later...

I'm heading off to London in a minute and keeping my fingers crossed that DD can be seen without an appointment. She's got a professional day at school so it's the only time we'll get for a while without missing classes. She was told on Saturday she could go and buy shoes so is super excited. All the fairly local places to us are closed on Mondays so fingers crossed for london :)

I can report back that she got on well at Bloch. I phoned in the morning and she got appointment for 12.30 The whole thing took about 45 minutes and she has fairly standard feet, nothing particularly unusual.

The first question was whether she was allowed to wear pouches.

There was a TV screen on the wall showing a close up and large display of her feet as she was at the barre and being fitted. My Dd did actually prop her iPad up on the floor and record a big chunk of the appointment so if anyone is interested I can post that video when she's finished editing it :)

She has come away a very happy girl :)

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I'm sure there's probably similar threads already in existence but I'm starting another one anyway! I'm wondering if anyone knows of any shops in London to buy pointe shoes that sell more than one brand? I'm going to sadlers wells next week so anywhere near there or that is easily accessible on the tube would be great??

Anon_dancer, it's much easier for people to find information if we continue the discussion in a pre-existing thread rather than starting multiple threads on the same subject, so I have merged your new thread with this original one.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for reviving an old thread (yet again by the looks of it!), but I will be in London next week and think I might try and see if I can find a spare hour or two to get fitted.

Haven't had any huge problems in what I'm in, but have only ever been able to be fitted at local shops with not so much choice so it might be interesting to pop by maybe Bloch (currently in Balance European) and Freed (never tried). Just wondering if anyone knows whether the people to oask for are still Beth and Sophie at Freed and whether there is anyone in particular at Bloch.

Thank you :)

• Like 1