Northern Ballet CAT & Associates Final Auditions 2024

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Cluelessdancema said:

We just got out email! Been offered a place and our heads are spinning! Good luck everyone ! 

Well done that’s amazing 👏 We got offered a space too but not sure what to think at the minute 🤪 xx

• Like 1

Congrats everyone. 

My daughter was offered a place in level 2. Just waiting on her JA assessment and we’ll decide which way to go. Exciting stuff. I hadn’t realised the classes would be Monday and Wednesday though, which means she’ll be unable to do all her other classes at her local dance school, so food for thought. 

@DiagonIt all suddenly feels very real. Like you, I think we will wait for associates and then decide (although ds is desperate to do CAT).

he has been offered level foundation 3? also mon and weds 

Edited by Dancenewbie

16 hours ago, Diagon said:

Congrats everyone. 

My daughter was offered a place in level 2. Just waiting on her JA assessment and we’ll decide which way to go. Exciting stuff. I hadn’t realised the classes would be Monday and Wednesday though, which means she’ll be unable to do all her other classes at her local dance school, so food for thought. 

@Diagon & @Dancenewbie

Firstly, congratulations!

It can be difficult to decide the best thing to do. Our DD did the JA and went through the whole programme (at ENBS now).

The training in either programme is excellent, but their regular teacher and, not least, their drive to succeed will also have a huge bearing on where they go with it all. It has to fit in with other lives and commitments as well.

Enjoy the ride! It's a roller-coaster, for sure!

Edited by SpideyDad

Congratulations to those awarded places on the CAT - remember that this is akin to getting a place at vocational school, so a huge achievement.

Because it is vocational training, keeping up with classes at local schools might be difficult, especially as they progress through the scheme, but if the end goal is to become a ballet dancer then it is a fantastic opportunity. And as they get older it can be difficult to get enough training locally at the level they need, so CAT can be a good way to get that without having to go away to boarding school.

But it is a big commitment of time, so each family has to consider whether it is the right thing for them. Good luck.

14 hours ago, glowlight said:

Congratulations to those awarded places on the CAT - remember that this is akin to getting a place at vocational school, so a huge achievement.

Because it is vocational training, keeping up with classes at local schools might be difficult, especially as they progress through the scheme, but if the end goal is to become a ballet dancer then it is a fantastic opportunity. And as they get older it can be difficult to get enough training locally at the level they need, so CAT can be a good way to get that without having to go away to boarding school.

But it is a big commitment of time, so each family has to consider whether it is the right thing for them. Good luck.

Thanks for this! We’ve been spiralling a bit because it completely clashes with current dance school but this is an excellent perspective 

I had a call with manager as she had offered a phone call to explain stuff in the offer letter. It was really useful and informative and I got a good feel for it I think 🤞🤞. Think we have decided to go for it and give it a try 😬😬😊. and she said associate results work be out in next couple of weeks 

Edited by Dancenewbie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dancenewbie said:

I had a call with manager as she had offered a phone call to explain stuff in the offer letter. It was really useful and informative and I got a good feel for it I think 🤞🤞. Think we have decided to go for it and give it a try 😬😬😊. and she said associate results work be out in next couple of weeks 

Oh that’s interesting - can you share the highlights of what you learned? I’m away at moment you see 

@lucy14 Yeah definetly! But from what I’ve heard, the current JA’s get their results first. I’m really hoping we find out by the end of this week or the beginning of next. My daughter has been asking quite a lot and the anticipation is too much now 😅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lucy14 said:

Ooh that’s good news do the junior associate results usually come out the same day?

I'm not sure sorry - this was our first year. Hopefully they will all be out soon. 

Edited by cluelessdancemum
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Balletmum1210 said:

Anybody still waiting for IFA or other assessment results/report? I’ve had problems with my email account today and am concerned I have missed it. 

We’re waiting on IA reports, I’m hoping it’ll be today. Sounds like it was just SAs yesterday? 

On 10/04/2024 at 09:23, HowMuch! said:

We’re waiting on IA reports, I’m hoping it’ll be today. Sounds like it was just SAs yesterday? 

Did the IA ones come out as we’re still s

waiting on the Ja ones 

8 minutes ago, lucy14 said:

Did the IA ones come out as we’re still s

waiting on the Ja ones 

DD’s report just came through. She’s a current IA though. New JAs or other levels auditioning might be out tomorrow?

• Like 1