Alexander Campbell becomes Artistic Director at the Royal Academy of Dance

11 hours ago, FionaM said:

Rhapsody pdd with Akane Takada was another wonder for me.  Such musicality and grace.   From one of the Covid divertissement galas in late 2020

I agree. Rather sad that Campbell wasn't cast to dance Rhapsody in the 2022 revival.  (I can't remember if he was away due to injury or whether it was just a poor casting decision but if he wasn't injured, he should have been in it. Technique and style perfect for the full ballet.) 

Edited by Emeralds
  • Like 2

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone's a) awake & b) feeling wealthy there's currently a single £140 mid-stalls ticket available for 8th March. That's the first return I've seen for that performance in several days of checking. Sadly it's nearly 3 times my budget.

I was able to get a ticket to 8th last night - I'd almost given up hope. I wanted to see Hayward anyway but hadn't been able to for various reasons and am very fond of Campbell, so am so pleased to be able to see his DG. 

• Like 10

On 27/02/2024 at 02:10, Dawnstar said:

If anyone's a) awake & b) feeling wealthy there's currently a single £140 mid-stalls ticket available for 8th March. That's the first return I've seen for that performance in several days of checking. Sadly it's nearly 3 times my budget.

Ten times mine!!  

8 minutes ago, lady emily said:

Quick there are some tickets available again for the final performance! I will now be able to see Alex's last two performances! 

Every time I see these messages I sigh with sadness as I just can't make either of them. I do hope that he has a wonderful send off at his last performance and I hope those of you that are able to be there will film - and share - what I hope will be a similar send off to that of Beatriz Stix Brunell with the procession of colleagues presenting flowers. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, lady emily said:

Quick there are some tickets available again for the final performance! I will now be able to see Alex's last two performances! 

All gone by the time I saw this. Were any of them lower-priced tickets? So far the ones I've seen have only been top price ones.

Edited by Dawnstar
Typo

1 hour ago, Dawnstar said:

All gone by the time I saw this. Were any of them lower-priced tickets? So far the ones I've seen have only been top price ones.

There were £79 tickets, so not quite the top price ones! 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Dawnstar said:

There are some £14 tickets for this Saturday available now!