The Hammond Diploma 2024

jenalexandra78

Just had a offer letter for dd age 15 for the 2024 dance diploma. Sept start, Obviously happy to have a yes. Only slight negative is we are on the dada reserve list. So a waiting game or lottery win. 

Few questions please xxx

I've signed up / accepted in hope we might get funding offered through movement. 

Does anyone actually get a no ? Or is yes for all , funded and rest on reserved list ?

How often do college ages get offered dada funding later?

We have another offer on table and few auditions yet to do one being NBS. But dd is wanting this offer but as per most need the funding. 

Fingers crossed and waiting game now. 

Just wondered anyone is same boat. 

Has anyone been in similar position and got offered dada funding later.

Has anyone got offer but potentially waiting on another college offer. 

I'm low income so I know I will meet criteria if offered it in future.

Just trying to see how it normally pans out. 

Xxx

Edited by jenalexandra78

There’s always movement on the waiting lists. 

Your dd will be joining my dd’s year group from lower school (although she’s not actually staying), she’d have a lovely time if she does decide to choose Hammond, there are some fabulous kids in it. Well done her. 

Edited by Farawaydancer
  • Thanks 1

Firstly congratulations to your dd @jenalexandra78. and fingers crossed that she gets the funding she needs.

My experience (a long time ago ...and at NBS not Hammond) was that there was a fair bit of movement when it came to DADA funding in the first few weeks after offers were made as people who had been offered DADAs accepted offers elsewhere. 

I also know of occasions where a DADA student left mid-course and the DADA was offered to someone else already on the course, but that was rare and you certainly couldn't rely on it happening for you.

Good luck.

Congratulations on getting in The Hammond. We are waiting for our letter to arrive for the MT Diploma. My daughter was offered a place at Tring but didn't get a bursary so that's out. Tring is Alevels only so The Hammond is our first choice for the diploma. Fingers crossed. We also need a DADA 😬. XX

16 hours ago, Farawaydancer said:

There’s always movement on the waiting lists. 

Your dd will be joining my dd’s year group from lower school (although she’s not actually staying), she’d have a lovely time if she does decide to choose Hammond, there are some fabulous kids in it. Well done her. 

I have level headed hope..... just need to get it into dd head we have to wait and see and not rule put other options xxx 

13 hours ago, MTMUM said:

Congratulations on getting in The Hammond. We are waiting for our letter to arrive for the MT Diploma. My daughter was offered a place at Tring but didn't get a bursary so that's out. Tring is Alevels only so The Hammond is our first choice for the diploma. Fingers crossed. We also need a DADA 😬. XX

Good luck xxx 

Yes. Another girl from my DD's dance school also got a reserve list offer.  Really frustrating and a bit 'how long is a piece of string' isn't it?!  It's been a boost to DD's confidence and she does have another offer from a local dance college, but really wanted The Hammond.  I'm a single parent so even the boarding fees would be a stretch for me, let alone the tuition.  I hate waiting games!

• Like 1

A healthy dose of cynicism is pretty useful in this game where too often we wear rose tinted glasses which do not serve us well down the line! This is not related to your specific situation or  last comment or The Hammond, just a reflection in general where we are better to try see things - warts & all - at every stage. Good luck x

11 hours ago, Jewel said:

The government does not allow anyone to be offered definite DaDa funding until at least 1st March so everyone under consideration will be on the reserve list for now.  

The official DADA paperwork can't be sent out until then, but in our experience this doesn't stop some colleges offering funded places before that date. My DD had two funded offers before the official date last year, including one made on the day of the audition. She had both in writing. Other colleges seem to hold to the official date or wait even later, after all the auditions have been completed. So a lot depends on where you're auditioning.

Any college doing that in writing is in danger of their funding being removed.  I know that some have always tried to get away with it.  But it is very dodgy. 

Edit - This only applied to DaDa funding not internal scholarships

Edited by Jewel

Thought I'd update, had the messages re bursary. And message with funding options. Still just hoping for dada offer later in the movement over spring / summer .

One of dd fellow dance school friends has had dada/ funding offer its only one I've heard of but on Mt route. Wondered how everyone else might be feeling, getting on.

Just had email saying no boarding on offer for 6th form anymore so to look at student accommodation . This obviously is a worry as will need to figure out how early needs booking and if a cancellation option if funding doesn't happen. 

Rather stressful, in mean time we have NBS audition a week sat and also Stella man end of march. Plus italia conti video to do. 

Hammond she's still in love with although the accommodation option changing has added bit more stress. 

Anyone is similar boat who will be looking a possible accommodation option but not sure on how this will work now with cancelling if no funding joy. 

Who knew this was stress full. Xxxx 

Someone on here said that DaDA funding shouldn't be confirmed til at least 1st March... not sure how true that is as it appears some already know.

My DD is on reserve funding list. This news about no in house boarding provision is probably a deal breaker for us. She's just not ready to live semi independently!

Looking at more local dance colleges now, but they only do BTEC ...

My DD was offered Hammond amongst others a couple of years ago. 
She chose NBS over Hammond but she considered Hammond.

DaDas were offered at both but they can only offer a few to start as they have a set pot and they don’t know at the start if people will be entitled to full DADA’s or part DADAs so they have to wait till the first have been accepted to offer the next few etc. 

We reluctantly had to turn down our DaDa as weren’t entitled due to income cap (still couldn’t afford fees)and know this is the case for many so there is a lot of movement due to students accepting place offers elsewhere and those over income cap, not being able to accept. 

It’s a stressful wait but actually I don’t know anyone offered a place that didn’t eventually get an offer of a DaDa so hang in there!

We looked at the accommodation at Hammond when my DD considered it at 16. At that point, she would have got in for 1st year.

As she chose NBS, she ended up in student halls at 16 in a flat with other 16 year old dance students. It actually worked out really well, and it’s surprising how well they cope. 
She admitted in hindsight, she was glad she didn’t take Hammond boarding option as it would have felt too like High School. At that point, it felt safer but actually at 16 they do cope fine in student accommodation! It gives them more independence and probably less drama if you know what I mean!

• Like 1

Hi good to hear, DD had her NBS audition this Saturday. 

So hoping this will open her eyes to other options out there. 

But obviously it's a gamble with time game with booking tramways now for hammond with optimistic hope for funding. And or wait  for NBS after audition and also have stella man audition end of match all 3 are our favoured 3 year diploma dance. 

Mind slightly blown 😳...

I am low income as is her step dad so we would defo be awarded help if dada offered. 

Hopefull and optimistic but it's hard to know what to do with accomidation etc 😕 xx

19 hours ago, jenalexandra78 said:

Hi good to hear, DD had her NBS audition this Saturday. 

So hoping this will open her eyes to other options out there. 

But obviously it's a gamble with time game with booking tramways now for hammond with optimistic hope for funding. And or wait  for NBS after audition and also have stella man audition end of match all 3 are our favoured 3 year diploma dance. 

Mind slightly blown 😳...

I am low income as is her step dad so we would defo be awarded help if dada offered. 

Hopefull and optimistic but it's hard to know what to do with accomidation etc 😕 xx

Re accomodation, 

My daughter attends NBS in her 3rd year now, most of them are now just 19 & started at 16. Some more ready than others but all doing really well. You will be surprised at how quickly they learn & just routinely get on with sorting thier own stuff. 

Hang in there for funding it can take a while for people to accept / decline & for the ' pot of money ' to be organized! 

Daughter had a very late offer of funding 1st September!!! Never say never lol ! 

Mj 

• 2 weeks later...

Dd got accepted to NBS was quite shocked as sooo many good classical students wanting the classical route option. Most were 17/18 too.

NBS send dada offers out after first offer. So waiting for info.

Dd loved it here too. But Hammond is still top at mo. But she really would go with which offered dada. 

Have wild card of Stella man audition in 2 weeks. Diploma course again. 

I have gone ahead with provisional booking n paying deposit on hammond recommendation of tramways- anyone else booked ? I have just gone bronze ensuite. 

NBS accomidation is quite a bit more and I would have to contact halls direct as 16 year old only aloud in some. Anyone booked in this age for Sept? 

Have done a online intal audition for italia conti too. But waiting to hear from this. 

I'm such a planner that I'm dying to just hopefully get funding and have one secured. So hard waiting .... #controlfreak

• Like 1