Vee

• Jan McNulty changed the title to RBS mid associates 2023
5 hours ago, PetitJeté said:

I’m also wondering about this, when do we think they mean by ‘Easter’?! Do they break up today for the hols? I know they normally send out WL results first, but it looks like they’ve been out a while now. 

They will also have to finish all current MA assessments first so would be after that I would of thought 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BattementBatty said:

Historically they have been out before the schools break up for the holidays. Seems really late this year. 

The assessments are very late this year so not sure if they will wait for those (it’s unusual to assess anyone out though)

This seems like a silly question but if most don't get assessed out how many spots are there really for new students? How many students are in a mid associate class typically?

4 minutes ago, expatballetmom said:

This seems like a silly question but if most don't get assessed out how many spots are there really for new students? How many students are in a mid associate class typically?

Not a silly question, DD is a year 7 mid and I’m also trying to get my head round it while we nerve wrackingly wait for assessment results! There are quit a few year 7s in DDs class, fewer year 8s and I think only 3 year 9s who will be moving on, so I don’t understand how it works for the new intake unless they do assess out. Unless just naturally some years will be bigger intakes than others?

I know people say they don’t usually but, until we get the email I’m certainly nervous about it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, expatballetmom said:

Some people leave for various reasons so spaces come up and sometimes they make the class bigger. They don’t take many after year 7 just the odd 1 or 2. Currently 18/19 (I think) in MA2 at London. I think they took 16 in year 7. 

There are only 2 year 8 in the class the rest are year 9 so at the end of the MA journey. 

Just now, BattementBatty said:

Some people leave for various reasons so spaces come up and sometimes they make the class bigger. They don’t take many after year 7 just the odd 1 or 2. Currently 18/19 (I think) in MA2 at London. I think they took 16 in year 7. 

I believe London's MA 2 assessment was delayed (not sure if they’ve had it now) London MA 1 and Birmingham MA 1 & 2 had theres March 18th, but we haven’t heard yet. 
MA 2 in Birmingham has 12 year 9s & only 3 year 8s so there will be some places there.
last year we heard on April 14th (my dd was offered a year 8 place in Birmingham). 
I know 1 or 2 were assessed out last year in London 
let’s hope we all hear soon! 🤞 for good news. 

3 hours ago, Mum of unicorn dancer said:

London MA1 - 17 girls: 10 girls are year 7, 7 girls year 8, London MA2 - only 2 year 8 girls and 14 girls year 9.

It is not clear how many will be assessed out, but if all students stay - there will be about 7-8 spots for year 7, not sure about a year 8 new intake and at least 6-7 spots for year 9

There will be a good proportion of year 7 spaces as all the year 8s will be able to move up plus a fair few year 7s  (only 2 left in MA2.- pretty sure they will be fine in their assessments) there will probably be some year 8 spaces too as year 9 are a big cohort. 

Edited by BattementBatty

3 hours ago, Ballet Power said:

I believe London's MA 2 assessment was delayed (not sure if they’ve had it now) London MA 1 and Birmingham MA 1 & 2 had theres March 18th, but we haven’t heard yet. 
MA 2 in Birmingham has 12 year 9s & only 3 year 8s so there will be some places there.
last year we heard on April 14th (my dd was offered a year 8 place in Birmingham). 
I know 1 or 2 were assessed out last year in London 
let’s hope we all hear soon! 🤞 for good news. 

They haven’t done them yet. They will be fine.   Last year 2 year 8 left for vocational school and 1 year 7 left for a different associate programme . I wasn’t aware of any getting assessed out.  

22 minutes ago, Millicent said:

We will be turning down our MA place and I know we're not the only ones, so there will be movement on the waiting list. 

I need to have a good chat with my daughter but I think we might be turning down our place too so I think there will definitely be movement from waitlist 

A ‘No’ for us.  

Might be somewhat unpopular, but as a parent I appreciate the somewhat objective opinion from RBS….even if I don’t like the answer.  Every other opinion I receive is from someone I pay, who directly benefits from more class, privates etc.

Anyway, ballet is an expensive sport with a greater and greater time commitment.  It is good to be measured in our expectations, as parents.  

• Like 4

My dd got short wait list for London. She goes into year 9 in Sept. Can I ask those of you turning down places, or who know of places becoming available, where they’re for and for what year? I realise there are no guarantees of anything. 

On 05/04/2023 at 11:35, Starboymom said:

My DD just got put on short waiting list, he didn’t audition for associate just full time WL. Have they made a mistake? I’m confused 🫤 

I think this is normal. If a no to WL you get offered associates or waitlist for them. 

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Thelittleswans said:

Thank you @BolshoiAre applications still open? Don’t suppose you know if it’s done by year group or ability? 

Yes I think applications are still open and I believe it is a mix of age and ability. Definitely a student centred programme!

• Like 1

Does anyone have any idea when offers will start to come out off the waitlist? I know there’s been lots of movement this year with lots going off to vocational schools. However very disappointing to hear that some that have been offered vocational are accepting their mid place just until everything has been confirmed by the v school and maybe doing vocational and Mids if allowed as well. Just a shame for those that currently have no offers and are in limbo. 😞

9 minutes ago, In at the deep end said:

@JaneDance1904 I'm pretty certain you cant be a vocational student and also take mids classes. I dont blame current students for accepting both, just in case something goes wrong with their school application or finances, and then they can't go. I expect we'll see some movement later this term when the full time places are confirmed. 

It depends on the school, some vocational students do continue their RBS associates.

• Thanks 1