Vee

1 hour ago, JaneDance1904 said:

Does anyone have any idea when offers will start to come out off the waitlist? I know there’s been lots of movement this year with lots going off to vocational schools. However very disappointing to hear that some that have been offered vocational are accepting their mid place just until everything has been confirmed by the v school and maybe doing vocational and Mids if allowed as well. Just a shame for those that currently have no offers and are in limbo. 😞

There are vocational schools that allow their students to attend MA, I know of at least two. It’s quite interesting because in the same class you will have students who are full time vocational students, non-vocational students who do probably the same or more hours of training than vocational students within the week and there are also the odd ones who only attend 1-2 classes in a local dance school within the week in addition to their weekly MA class (though I reckon those who fall within this last category is quite rare these days).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There will still be some kids who haven't firmed up on their plans for next year so if they have a Mids offer and may wish to take it then it makes sense to accept it at the moment until their decisions are final. Some kids may also have accepted a place at vocational school but they won't be entirely sure if they want to go yet - this time last year there were still quite a few decisions being made.  

I do have sympathy with not being able to firm up on your own plans but there is also likely still to be wait list movement from the vocational schools, and that might mean some wait list movement on the MA list (although as others said above, some of the schools do let their students do MA alongside school). 

• Like 1

Don’t give up hope. We got a wonderful phone call after being on the SWL last year,  we held onto it until September because we weren’t 100% certain of our decision for vocational school, in the end someone else also got a wonderful phone call too.

There will be movement for some time yet. 

Edited by Workhard_Dreambig
Missing word
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/04/2023 at 18:35, BisforBallet said:

The date we have for acceptance of a MA place is 22nd May. Perhaps there will be movement after that. 

We were SWL a few years ago and it was beginning of June we got a place. 
Good luck!  

Hi I'm knew to the forum and have been reading this thread, its good to know that there's some movement to still go ahead and not all accptance deadlines have been reached, so there is that hope that a space may still come up 🤞 my daughter is on the wait list for MA. Good luck everyone! 

• 1 month later...

I know when we were offered a full time place at a school our JA teacher frowned on people who took up an MA place if they’d been offered a full time place! Not that we would have done anyway! 
Personally, I think it wrong to take up a place too. Leave those places for those like what’s been said above, for those that don’t have many lessons 🥰 

• Like 1

On 19/06/2023 at 20:16, BisforBallet said:

For those starting in September, has anyone had their email from Dansez yet for ordering leotard? 

No, we haven't, but if your daughter was a JA I've discovered the old link still works

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 21/06/2023 at 07:03, Adagio123 said:

Just wondering if anyone has been offered a place from the waiting list yet?

My daughter year 7 also got short waitlist and we haven’t heard anything. 
she did get a yes from NBS though.

I heard from a friends who’s daughter currently dances at RBS that you can still hear up to first week in October, after that re apply as normal. She had an offer in September so don’t give up Hope just yet 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, FT43 said:

Hi, this is a brilliant thread for gaining information. Thank you for sharing! I’m applying for my DD next year. Can I ask from the SWL is a phone call the usual way of contacting you to gain a place? 

Hi. We don't have experience of mids as yet but my dd was very fortunate to receive a ja place this year off the waiting list and the wonderful news was delivered by an email which I had to read about 6 times before I actually believed it! It was very exciting and all the information was attached to the email 😊

• Like 1