Ashton's Cinderella - new Royal Ballet production

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why the long delay, @Benjamin, and I don't know where you live, but in my 10+ year experience of these cinema relays, Australia is always at least two weeks after the UK, and often a month. I think they send the films on a slow boat via China.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Sophoife said:

I don't know why the long delay, @Benjamin, and I don't know where you live, but in my 10+ year experience of these cinema relays, Australia is always at least two weeks after the UK, and often a month. I think they send the films on a slow boat via China.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a carrier pigeon. 

22 hours ago, Sophoife said:

Australian screenings of Cinderella (Palace Cinemas) are the weekend of 13-14 May. The encore is Wednesday 17 May...the day after I arrive back in Australia 🤣 so I'll get to see it after all!

Maybe it’s cheaper if it’s 6 weeks behind? Definitely cheaper than relaying it live but I wonder if it’s a lot cheaper to show when it’s a month after the encore screenings, and if so, how much. Does the information tell you what the prices are for Palace Cinemas? Over here it ranges from around AUD30 to AUD55 for a live relay or encore screening, depending on the town and type of cinema.  Hopefully if it’s cheaper, the cinemas will pass on the savings to customers. 

Edited by Emeralds

23 minutes ago, Sophoife said:

AUD20 for Palace members, AUD24 for non-members, @Emeralds. Sadly no Palace Cinemas within 3½ hours' drive of me (each way) but I do make the effort on occasion. 

Much cheaper (even for non members) than my local cinema chain!  But you’d  have to pay more than the difference in fuel costs for the driving. Unless you can find a few buddies/family to go together with you and share the driving plus fuel costs? 

Edited by Emeralds
  • Like 1