Central Accomodation (CSB)

Dancing goats

1 minute ago, ballet_mum_on_the_run said:

Glad to see this as I think my DD is going to accept her offer from Central and we were just starting to look at accommodation options 

My DD has accepted and is really excited. We’ve looked up the ones on the website and also found  this morning: 

https://www.sanctuary-students.com/student-accommodation/london/manna-ash-house

It would be good to know where other first years will be and anywhere to avoid etc…

4 minutes ago, Dancing goats said:

My DD has accepted and is really excited. We’ve looked up the ones on the website and also found  this morning: 

It would be good to know where other first years will be and anywhere to avoid etc…

The location of that one is fantastic but probably a bit beyond our budget.
We had looked at Walmsley Studios which is only a short bus ride away but are keen to know what other first years are doing 

29 minutes ago, Dancing goats said:

I’ve been looking too and been recommended manna ash house as it’s walking distance. Be interested to know where others are going as keen my DD is with other first years…..quite daunting isn’t it?

My DS has been here since 1st Year.https://wearehomesforstudents.com/student-accommodation/london/surrey-quays-landale-house?utm_source=Google+Business&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Surrey+Quays+Landale+House+Google+Business+Profile We really struggled to find places within our budget. It's 3 stops on the Jubilee Line from Canada Water Tube to Soutwark and it has a bus station there also. Students from his year are all over London as well as living at home. Big shopping Centre near with a Tesco etc. If you need any information just DM me.

• Like 2

Hi all. My sons been offered a place at Central.  Been looking at accommodation but he needs a proper bed not a bunk style bed as 6ft 3 and doesn't fit in it lol.  Where have u been looking? Be great to all be near each other.  Any recommendations? Be great to catch up b4 September too. Any other boys? 

Edited by balletboimum
mistake in spelling

2 hours ago, balletboimum said:

Hi all. My sons been offered a place at Central.  Been looking at accommodation but he needs a proper bed not a bunk style bed as 6ft 3 and doesn't fit in it lol.  Where have u been looking? Be great to all be near each other.  Any recommendations? Be great to catch up b4 September too. Any other boys? 

Hello Balletboimum and welcome to the Forum!

We've already got a thread on Central accommodation so I have merged your query in.  If you look through this thread it also links to earlier threads with accommodation ideas.

• Thanks 2

Hello our son will be starting this sept in year 12, not accepted place as yet still deciding and did start to look at accommodation!! Would love to keep in contact as think the sharing route and being with others on the same course is a great starting point. Will know more after this weekend as deadline to accept is soon. He will be only 16 (July baby) so having to find places that will accommodate! Will be in touch!!! EXCITING!! 

Chester House is for performing arts students and accepts 16 year olds. It is a dry hall and under 18 year olds are checked on by the people that run it to ensure they are ok. Very reasonable for London. Prices start at £7400 and include food. There is a gym, tv room, cinema room, small dance studio, laundry room etc. Mainly used by Urdang and LSC as it is a 50 minute journey to Central but may be of use to some of you.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone , our DS is presently in first year at Central. He stays at Drapery Place which is roughly a 30 minute journey - part walking and short tube ride ! 
He shares a twin studio which is two single beds (with a partition) and a kitchenette + en-suite bathroom which he shares with his roommate. This reduces the cost of accommodation by quite a lot if you have a DD or DS who is prepared to share !! Drapery has lovely facilities - gym, dance studio, laundrette, Sainsburys and doctors literally a few paces away , with Aldgate East tube station three minutes walk . 
Our DS totally loves his training at Central and is very happy to stay at Drapery for the next two years ! 
There will be a group of girls and two boys from Central staying at Drapery next year (in their 2nd year) whom I’m sure would help out any new students to find their feet ! 😊

• 10 months later...

Hi, hoping to restart this chat as DD has accepted an offer for CBS starting September 2023. Trying now to look at accomodation options for a 16yo (and international so can’t go look at them).

Any recommendations (or places to stay away from)?  And anyone else with a student planning for CBS?

My son currently in Year 1 Central and lives at Friendship House, LHA. Bit more old fashioned but clean n ensuite single rooms for £237.50/week believe twin rooms are £170/week ish. Secure, clean and 10 mins walk to Central.  Its right by Tesco.  After all they're students and will spill things, party/catch up in each others rooms n not looked after necessarily like u would at home.   Heard Manna Ash not taking under 18s this Sept and Paris Gardens closing June.  Rooms here can be spruced up, pics up, mattress topper, bedding, leds, cushions n shower curtain changes the room. Think we have 13/14 current year 1s there. We ll be renewing for Year 2.  There's not many under 18s accommodation available.  

Edited by Jan McNulty
Edit to remove student's name.
  • Thanks 1

Thank you!  Will have a good look at Friendship House. Drapery was also recommended, but obviously a lot more travel. 
There are also Wellington Lodge,  Moonraker Point and IQ Bankside close to the school which look like newer properties, anyone have experience or knowledge of these?

6 hours ago, balletboimum said:

Moonraker Point do not take Under 18s  all depends on your budget.  Manna Ash not taking Under 18s due to parties etc by younger students this year - I have been advised.  

Thank you. Getting tougher to find options for those under 18. 

Have been searching for accommodation for a 16 year old with no luck as yet. Manna Ash and Drapery are saying 18 as are Unite. Anyone had an luck, would hate to miss out but it seems to be extremely difficult for 16 year olds. Unless I'm missing something!!?Host family contacts or spare room in current student houses if anyone has any details would be great. Thanks all.

22 minutes ago, Pointe21 said:

Have been searching for accommodation for a 16 year old with no luck as yet. Manna Ash and Drapery are saying 18 as are Unite. Anyone had an luck, would hate to miss out but it seems to be extremely difficult for 16 year olds. Unless I'm missing something!!?Host family contacts or spare room in current student houses if anyone has any details would be great. Thanks all.

Check out LHA friendship house and Landale House at Canada Water. My DS has his final audition coming up soon and I have been looking into accommodation also, in the hope he will be offered a place.  Although DS will be 18 by September, I believe both of the above mentioned do accept from 16, at least in previous years 

• Thanks 1

A question for those of you with DC living in Friendship house. I am wondering about the shared space. Is it divided up into small flats of several bedrooms or is it more hostel style? I guess I am wondering how many would share kitchen and other shared spaces. 

On 28/02/2023 at 00:37, MacB said:

Hi, hoping to restart this chat as DD has accepted an offer for CBS starting September 2023. Trying now to look at accomodation options for a 16yo (and international so can’t go look at them).

Any recommendations (or places to stay away from)?  And anyone else with a student planning for CBS?

Am very happy for your DD & am quite sure her place has been offered fairly but I do find it intriguing how offers are being offered to be accepted when final in person & video interviews have yet to be held….??

i do wish all these schools would be transparent in their recruitment & selection processes….

2F092FC3-2E99-4B1B-A108-697CDCF6F896.thumb.png.4a78602b05bf19bb7ef0f1df37848c07.png

22F71BCF-9994-4DEE-9206-3112A8FF52B0.thumb.png.3f0a289734269783cc69103767c221e1.png

Got in early with video audition and reviewed each month!!! When they see talent they offer.  That's life n this world.  Places were offered early n very late this year 2022 in take. Some started around Xmas. There are only 8/9 boys but 30 ish girls this year 1. They want acceptance of places as Royal offered couple weeks ago probably same as Elmhurst ENB.  My son offered places before final auditions ...just how it goes.  On subject he's at Friendship House LHA n loves it. Will be there 2nd year. 13 or 14 Yr 1s there atm from England, Scotland Ireland  n Australia that I know of.  Its clean safe secure cheaper than others n close to school stations infact everywhere. 10 min walk school. One of a few that accept 16 year olds!!!  Not many do and Manna Ash nit accepting this year either. So less options.  Enjoy Central. My sons loving his first year. 

• Thanks 1

shared space.....usually 8 to 10 rooms share kitchen. has sitting/table area. 2 ovens microwave kettles sinks fridge/freezer get shelf each which actually is enough soace.  cleaned daily.   They also have a small fridge in bedroom each. son puts smoothie, cans packed lunch for next day chocolate in it.