Central Accomodation (CSB)

Dancing goats

1 minute ago, balletboimum said:

shared space.....usually 8 to 10 rooms share kitchen. has sitting/table area. 2 ovens microwave kettles sinks fridge/freezer get shelf each which actually is enough soace.  cleaned daily.   They also have a small fridge in bedroom each. son puts smoothie, cans packed lunch for next day chocolate in it.  

Ok, thanks for that. Are there kitchen supplies, as in crockery, utensils, pots and pans or will they have to buy their own? Iron, ironing board, etc? 

There's laundry on site. Ironing board n iron. like all places need own pots pans cutlery.  Ikea and I think others do a student pack can get delivered.  but I ll be honest. Son uses 1 pan a mini George Foreman n baking tray mainly, plate, cutlery, wooden spoon. they get by and share if needed. not been issue in kitchen in 6 months. 

21 minutes ago, balletboimum said:

There's laundry on site. Ironing board n iron. like all places need own pots pans cutlery.  Ikea and I think others do a student pack can get delivered.  but I ll be honest. Son uses 1 pan a mini George Foreman n baking tray mainly, plate, cutlery, wooden spoon. they get by and share if needed. not been issue in kitchen in 6 months. 

Thanks 

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like it is quite a distance from Chester House to Central. If relying on public transport, 1 hour and 20 minutes, give or take? And nothing direct? To have to do the trip morning and evening on top of a long day would be tough. Pity, as it looks great. More affordable than most places. And an evening meal, a big plus. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Good to hear Friendship House is recommended. Are the shared rooms ok? Are they big enough for 2 people to live in comfortably. Certainly seems the most affordable option. I've submitted an enquiry to LHA for Sept entry and DS is happy to share. Do any Central students do homestay? DS turns 17 beginning of October. Thanks

19 hours ago, Penguinboysmum said:

Good to hear Friendship House is recommended. Are the shared rooms ok? Are they big enough for 2 people to live in comfortably. Certainly seems the most affordable option. I've submitted an enquiry to LHA for Sept entry and DS is happy to share. Do any Central students do homestay? DS turns 17 beginning of October. Thanks

We are also looking at Friendship House for DD. She has talked to others she knows who are already there who are living in other Uni accommodation, but that has greater travel which I think we want to avoid for first year while settles in to London. None of those she has talked to have suggested home stay, I am guessing is limited options for this close by (I know is a popular option for Rambert students as was recommended by friends their if she took offer there). 
Husband is in London for work next week so is meant to be doing a tour of Friendship House and potentially another option to check looks good. Very hard making these decisions from a long distance away!  
LHA were definitely helpful with my questions and use to having a decent number of CBS students

Hi  My Sons in Year 1, there are some that share twin rooms, the rooms are double the size of the single rooms.  They seem to cope fine. Dont know any that home stay in Year 1.   They all seem to cope fine.   We are rebooking along with I believe all the other 13 students already there again for Sept.   Room can be changed, new bedding, mattress topper, plant, pics, fairly/led lights, rug makes all the difference!   I would recommend getting a whatsapp group together,  ask other parents if willing to share a room otherwise u maybe with someone not at the school!.   Its 10 mins walk to Waterloo and school.   Plus can book for the exact amount of weeks not 51 weeks like others!   Im happy to supply my number to Josh at Central 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, balletboimum said:

Hi  My Sons in Year 1, there are some that share twin rooms, the rooms are double the size of the single rooms.  They seem to cope fine. Dont know any that home stay in Year 1.   They all seem to cope fine.   We are rebooking along with I believe all the other 13 students already there again for Sept.   Room can be changed, new bedding, mattress topper, plant, pics, fairly/led lights, rug makes all the difference!   I would recommend getting a whatsapp group together,  ask other parents if willing to share a room otherwise u maybe with someone not at the school!.   Its 10 mins walk to Waterloo and school.   Plus can book for the exact amount of weeks not 51 weeks like others!   Im happy to supply my number to Josh at Central 

Thank you, that is very helpful 😊