RCS and Tring audition clash

Silversparkle

So seems many people finally heard from RCS today, only to be told that the audition date in London is on the same day of Tring dance course audition.

Options I guess are to chose to only do one which seems a huge waste of money, or invest more money and then go to Glasgow to do the audition (but dates aren’t available yet to my knowledge) or pay out for studio hire and teacher, to do a video audition.

Anyone else in same predicament/got any advice? 

If you don't know the city or area, may be worth going to Glasgow to get a feel for the place and see the studios etc.  

It's an impressive set up but in many ways the complete opposite of Tring - (16+ environment, urban setting ..) and consider which would suit your DC more.

Appreciate it's yet more cost but cheaper than a regretted decision.

• Like 5

If it helps

Our dd did the Glasgow audition (a few years ago now!). Did the tour, saw accommodation - which dd knew about as friend was already there. She really wanted to go there, before she went for the audition!
We didn’t find out til result came thru (which she didn’t get a place!) she hated it, cried all thru the audition, hated the teacher, it just wasn’t for her. It was too uni like for us, and dd only just 16 just wouldn’t have been right for her. 
So, yes I think it’s important to actually go and get a feel for a place rather than do an on-line audition.

Edited by Dancing unicorn
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, meadowblythe said:

If you don't know the city or area, may be worth going to Glasgow to get a feel for the place and see the studios etc.  

It's an impressive set up but in many ways the complete opposite of Tring - (16+ environment, urban setting ..) and consider which would suit your DC more.

Appreciate it's yet more cost but cheaper than a regretted decision.

Yes that’s what we were thinking too.
I love Glasgow itself but then I’m a city girl lol

Not been able to find out what dates the Glasgow ones are yet tho. 

I would really advise, if you can, to go up to RCS

DD audition there a few years ago for MT. She absolutely hated the place, up to that point it was one of her top 3 choices. She got through to the second round ( in the afternoon) called me and said she was leaving the building. If we hadn’t gone up there we would never have known how much she dislike it. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Silversparkle said:

So seems many people finally heard from RCS today, only to be told that the audition date in London is on the same day of Tring dance course audition.

Options I guess are to chose to only do one which seems a huge waste of money, or invest more money and then go to Glasgow to do the audition (but dates aren’t available yet to my knowledge) or pay out for studio hire and teacher, to do a video audition.

Anyone else in same predicament/got any advice? 

Hi there, i have a Glasgow audition, I was offered 14th jan, but my daughter has a prelim that day so she has been offered 21st jan as an alternative, just thought I would let you know! I would e mail and ask what dates they have? 
we are in Glasgow so this is one of the only auditions we have at home 😂. We have done a fair few before Xmas in London. 

• Like 2

On 08/01/2022 at 22:49, Dramaofadancingdiva said:

Hi there, i have a Glasgow audition, I was offered 14th jan, but my daughter has a prelim that day so she has been offered 21st jan as an alternative, just thought I would let you know! I would e mail and ask what dates they have? 
we are in Glasgow so this is one of the only auditions we have at home 😂. We have done a fair few before Xmas in London. 

thats really helpful thank you. they offered us 14th over the weekend but she has a dance exam (and its very short notice), so good to know i can go back with another request :)

SSx

1 hour ago, ba11erina said:

hi! i don’t know if you’ve sorted it but even though the tring website says the auditions are full, i got offered an audition yesterday so it might be worth emailing them and asking if you haven’t already

sorry if this wasn’t any help xx

Thanks, I didn't know that was possible.  we have decided to do a video at as cheaper cost as possible for prelim and go visit IF she gets thru to finals. 

19 hours ago, Silversparkle said:

I wonder if that means we will have to wait until after March 3rd to hear anything 😱

I have known of results coming out after each audition in previous years although that was for their lower and middle school.  Funding finals are usually mid March so assuming those auditioning now will hear soon.