BalletBoysDad

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, SJBallet said:

Hope it’s good news for you. 

No results for us today but surely they’ll be in the next day or so now the earlier ones are out. 

It's an odd one - I can't recall exactly what options I put on the application but the offer is:

Yes to a day place with waiting list for residential. We live 2.5 hours away so a day place is not an option. We were thinking of moving at one time so perhaps I ticked that box. Also offered an MDS audition on the 18th March and this is for assisted funding - residential.

The day place has thrown me a little 😃

• Like 2

Just now, balletboy8 said:

It's an odd one - I can't recall exactly what options I put on the application but the offer is:

Yes to a day place with waiting list for residential. We live 2.5 hours away so a day place is not an option. We were thinking of moving at one time so perhaps I ticked that box. Also offered an MDS audition on the 18th March and this is for assisted funding - residential.

I think that sounds like congratulations 😁. Someone will or probably know better later on but do they put everyone on a waiting list for residential until the outcome of the funding audition? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, balletboy8 said:

Congratulations ❤️
we have the same , an offer of a day place with invitation to the MDS final 😃

The day place threw me too as we too are 2.5 hours away but I suppose they offer that first perhaps until they know what funding places there will be 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Julsgalaxy said:

Congratulations ❤️
we have the same , an offer of a day place with invitation to the MDS final 😃

The day place threw me too as we too are 2.5 hours away but I suppose they offer that first perhaps until they know what funding places there will be 🤷‍♀️

Congrats to you too - well done!!!  Your thought make sense and had crossed my mind 😃

My dd received the same offer today, although it confused me in the opposite way as we were hoping for a day place and it said about being waitlisted for a boarding place and I was thinking I don’t remember asking for one!! So I think it must be the same letter for all, regardless of what you’ve applied for. From previous years, I seem to remember the suggestion that all are offered waitlist until they know exactly who has accepted places and distances that people will have to travel. 

Congratulations @balletboy8 & @Julsgalaxy on your offers🤗 x

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PurplePirouette said:

My dd received the same offer today, although it confused me in the opposite way as we were hoping for a day place and it said about being waitlisted for a boarding place and I was thinking I don’t remember asking for one!! So I think it must be the same letter for all, regardless of what you’ve applied for. From previous years, I seem to remember the suggestion that all are offered waitlist until they know exactly who has accepted places and distances that people will have to travel. 

Congratulations @balletboy8 & @Julsgalaxy on your offers🤗 x

Thanks PurplePirouette this is really helpful and congrats to you too 😃

1 hour ago, SJBallet said:

I think that sounds like congratulations 😁. Someone will or probably know better later on but do they put everyone on a waiting list for residential until the outcome of the funding audition? 

No they don’t not at Tring anyway. They also don’t invite everyone to the MDS audition that has ticked MDS. The MDS feels even more special than the first audition as the MDS places are so limited.

They do offer residential places straight off to those that don’t tick MDS as well.

It isn’t the same letter for everyone.

congratulations on the offer x

Edited by NotadanceMa
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Coconut Popcorn said:

Are these all year 7 auditions? My DD has auditioned for the performance foundation but as a year 8 starter. We haven’t been given an audition date yet but interested to see if there’s any year 8 funding or if it’s just for first year. She’s currently at the Hammond on the dance course.  

My DS is applying for Y7.

3 hours ago, balletboy8 said:

We had the same letter ! Glad to hear that others did too about the boarding as we are 3.5 hours away too! Any ideas how many at the MDS audition? And how many places? Thank goodness the wait for the envelope is over at last!!!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ballet-mum-8017553946284 said:

Has anyone heard the outcome of the Hammond audition on Monday 31st January? I know it’s only yesterday but I heard a couple of children were told as they left the audition that they had been given places, with MDS funding - with no need to do the call back audition. 

Wow, I’m surprised they told them on the day. I thought they all had to go back for mds audition. We’re up hall there when they got told? 
Hope you hear soon. 

57 minutes ago, Ballet-mum-8017553946284 said:

Has anyone heard the outcome of the Hammond audition on Monday 31st January? I know it’s only yesterday but I heard a couple of children were told as they left the audition that they had been given places, with MDS funding - with no need to do the call back audition. 

I had heard of one who was offered direct entry to the finals 😃

9 minutes ago, SJBallet said:

Hello

Yes we had our results from the 10th Jan. DD has been offered a place and funding finals. 

Good luck to anyone still waiting. 

Congratulations to your DD! My DD auditioned on the 11th so hopefully we will hear today.

3 hours ago, MissEmily said:

My pupil auditioned on the same day as @SJBallet’s DD and we haven’t heard yet 😢 Assuming it’s a no, but just want an answer! The poor child has Covid so is isolating at the moment and just spending all day looking out the window for the postman 💔

A few years ago we called as everyone else had heard but us and it was a yes - so don't think it will be a no - just tell the parents to call Adelia the admissions person - she is really nice and very helpful and won't mind that they call

• Like 1