Patrick Dupond Has Passed Away

• Jan McNulty changed the title to Patrick Dupond passed away
  • Sim changed the title to Patrick Dupond Has Passed Away

He was Romeo at the very first performance I saw by the Paris Opera, but at the Palais des Congress, not the Garnier. His Juliet was that wonderful, pure, dancer Monique Loudieres and her mother was none other than Yvette Chauvire, and Tybalt the amazing dramatic dancer, Jean Guizerix.  Dupond was a very special dancer, fabulous technique, charismatic personality.

• Like 6

I saw him once with the POB, playing Puck in A Midsummer Night's Dream and a number of times with LFB/ENB, especially in Etudes.

He was just stunning and when you knew he was about to come on stage I got so excited I could barely breathe.

He danced like no one else and I have never forgotten him.  Truly a sad loss but I have such wonderful memories of him.  He was utterly unique.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Two Pigeons said:

I saw him once with the POB, playing Puck in A Midsummer Night's Dream and a number of times with LFB/ENB, especially in Etudes.

He was just stunning and when you knew he was about to come on stage I got so excited I could barely breathe.

He danced like no one else and I have never forgotten him.  Truly a sad loss but I have such wonderful memories of him.  He was utterly unique.

I have just been watching him in Etudes with Kevin Pugh and Kathy Healey on YouTube.  I had almost forgotten his utter joy in entertaining the audience.

• Like 2

This may be based on the fact that there were erroneous rumours a few years ago that he had died.  It was a great relief that he hadn't but it is now the case that he has.

Such a loss of such a performer and a young age.  Sounds as if his later life was pretty tortured since his car crash.

Farewell Patrick and thank you so much for all the wonderful memories.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Truly heart-breaking news.  Unbearable to think he has died so young and after going through so much tragedy in the latter part of his life.  What a unique and wonderful artist - I had the privilege of seeing him quite a few times on stage, with ENB or in Paris.  Also, I was living in Paris during his tenure as AD at the Opera de Paris and felt he did an excellent job, nurturing many outstanding dancers, so it's particularly sad that he seems to have been treated so poorly at the end of his time there.  Adieu and RIP.

• Like 2