Alina Cojocaru news

Sadler’s website now says 2 hours and 5 minutes, including one 25 minute interval.  Implying a ballet of 1 hour and 40 minutes.

Hmm. I see the problem!

The poster says 1 hour 45 minutes including an interval.

Edited by FionaM
Errors
  • Like 2

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

oh to be in two places at once!

Alina is the surprise star at the Daniele Cipriani marathon of Les ÉTOILES galas (4 shows) in Rome this weekend.  

She is performing the white pdd from Marguerite & Armand … and Liam

Scarlett’s No man’s Land at today’s gala 17.3.2024.  Both with Isaac Hernandez

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Very lucky Rome audiences- I've seen Alina Cojocaru dance both pas de deux (on different dates) and she is lovely in both. She danced No Man's Land with Johan Kobborg and Marguerite and Armand with Francesco Gabriele Frola- both performances were brilliant.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Just seen this….

BRB regrets to announce that due to unforeseen personal circumstances, Alina Cojocaru will not be performing with the Company at Sadler’s Wells theatre on 25th & 27th April as previously announced. Updated casting for our Sadler’s Wells shows is available on our website.

Were these all the performances she was scheduled to dance with BRB? Great shame & I do hope all is well with Alina. 

And do hope she is still planning to dance with London City Ballet in September….

Anyone here know more? 

• Thanks 2

I was devastated to get the news from BRB. Thankfully she has been replaced by an exceptionally good Lise, Yu Kurihara  with Lachlan Monaghan.

Here's hoping Alina is ok.

I posted in the other thread too but so devastated by this. I saw SB many times last season at RB and was hoping to take a break from it (it is a long evening!) and had only booked to see Alina, who I consider the greatest (or at least my favourite) current Aurora. And I had splurged for good seats! 

I hope all is well. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Alina will dance Manon bedroom Pdd with Charles Louis Yoshiyama of Ballet Zurich at Ballet Asteras Gala at New National Theatre Tokyo, August 3rd and 4th.

https://www.nntt.jac.go.jp/ballet/asteras2024/

also Ako Kondo and Chengwu Guo of Australian Ballet and other dancers, mainly Japanese dancers in overseas companies will participate. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1