Shale Wagman joins Munich Bayerisches Staatsballett

Bringing the subject back to Shale, I'd like to add that whoever his prospective partners might be, and whatever their height,Β the reason that I will always go to watch Shale dance is that he just inhabits the dance.Β He is graceful, musical, light and with a deepΒ musicality. He can take on a character and be that character. He is a true artist and that is what drives him. He is also humble, friendly and always willing to learn and progress in his art.

I again wish him every success in his future career. See you in Munich!Β 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Mandy Kent said:

Bringing the subject back to Shale, I'd like to add that whoever his prospective partners might be, and whatever their height,Β the reason that I will always go to watch Shale dance is that he just inhabits the dance.Β He is graceful, musical, light and with a deepΒ musicality. He can take on a character and be that character. He is a true artist and that is what drives him. He is also humble, friendly and always willing to learn and progress in his art.

I again wish him every success in his future career. See you in Munich!Β 

Beautiful words Mandy, so true❀❀. See you in Munich!!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, alison said:

The London Ballet Circle is due to be interviewingΒ AntΓ³nio Casalinho and Shale Wagman on Zoom on 7th February.Β  For more information, see the LBC thread.

Β 

Surely two of the finest - certainly most imaginative - dancers about.Β  So hope that I will be able to go to the April Festival to see them in a deserved range of roles.Β  Hungry to again witness each of their legato glories in real time.Β Β 

Β 

• Like 1

I believe Sabine has been in Munich this very weekend to see Shale’s debut in Rubies!Β 
When I first got LBC letter I hadn’t seen the interview was on zoom and was just about to contact Sabine and tell her all about this was going to see these two dancers for real being interviewed!!! Β  Then saw was on zoom so unfortunately not quite so exciting.Β 
The zoom interviews are definitely better than nothing but seeing people for real is what is so enticing.Β 
Β 

Β 

Β 

12 hours ago, Jane S said:

That could be interesting! How tall is Casalinho, does anyone know? - will they be competing for roles or are they of obviously different types?

Well. Shale is taller than I am. I'm 1,63m. He really "towers" over me by a headπŸ˜€. Casalinho is smaller than Shale. Maybe he is my height but never met him. If this helps.πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by Sabine0308

2 hours ago, Jane S said:

Thank you - it will be interesting to see how they are both cast,

Well they often are both in same cast in Jewels (if they do Corps in Rubies and Diamonds). Or when Shale did Rubies solo couple twice last weekend, Casalinho was in Rubies Corps. Or what do you mean?