Stuttgart Ballet to stream Mayerling - and others

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant to post earlier.  I really enjoyed this Don Quixote!!

I didn't quite get the set but it did give plenty of room for the dancers.

I thought all the dancers sparkled and I really liked the costumes too.

Thanks again Angela for keeping us up to date with streamings from Stuttgart.

• Like 3

Wasn’t Elisa Badenes so lively and lovely in this!  👏👏👏.  And her partner Adhonay Soares da Silva was charming and bouncy.  

Colourful and cheerful. Thank you.  

ps.  I didn’t get the set either ... until the finale when the words come together (no spoilers)

• Like 2

Yeah, well, the production... It was made in 2000 with "real" sets, not video projections, and they proved to be so huge and difficult to integrate into the repertory system with the Stuttgart Opera that set designer Ramon B. Ivars was asked in 2012 to design new sets that would be easier to move around. And that's what he did with the videos and the letters.

Elisa Badenes, by the way, was at the Royal Ballet School for her final year - she did not win a price at the Prix de Lausanne, but she was offered a scholarship in 2008, must have been by Gailene Stock then. Reid Anderson, who hired Badenes for Stuttgart, once said that he cannot believe "that Monica Mason overlooked her". She is a wonderful dancer with a very light and easy movement quality, and such a great actress for the drama ballets at Stuttgart.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.....Not sure if it's geo-blocked. 

Romeo & Juliet on Valentine's Day

Enjoy our production of John Cranko's romantic ballet "Romeo and Juliet" with Elisa Badenes and David Moore in the leading roles to celebrate Valentine's Day at home. On TV on Monday, 01:20am (CET), streaming from Sunday, Feb. 14th to Mon. Feb. 15th on arte.

On 12/02/2021 at 22:36, oncnp said:

Enjoy our production of John Cranko's romantic ballet "Romeo and Juliet" with Elisa Badenes and David Moore in the leading roles to celebrate Valentine's Day at home. On TV on Monday, 01:20am (CET), streaming from Sunday, Feb. 14th to Mon. Feb. 15th on arte.

it’s not geoblocked, and it’s free.  I’m watching it now!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FionaE said:

it’s not geoblocked, and it’s free.  I’m watching it now!

On 12/02/2021 at 22:36, oncnp said:

and .... it’s available until 16 March 2021 according to ARTE themselves.

I’ve added it to the calendar

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Stuttgart Ballet live-streams a new Beethoven evening on 1. April, as VoD available until 5. April. The triple bill combines Große Fuge and Adagio Hammerklavier, two classics by Hans van Manen, with a new creation by Mauro Bigonzetti; the Italian choreographer uses three piano sonatas by Beethoven. The evening was planned for the Beethoven jubilee year 2020.

https://www.stuttgart-ballet.de/home/livestream-beethoven-ballets/

• Like 7

I love Adagio Hammerklavier and was only discussing with a friend just the other day who was in the first performance (back in 70’s) which was staged for the Royal in London. 

I wish the Royal would perform this piece 

more often. 
I can only get live-streams on my phone though which puts me off but this programme may be worth another go! 

On 20/03/2021 at 09:39, LinMM said:

I can only get live-streams on my phone though which puts me off but this programme may be worth another go! 

can you buy an HDMI cable (plugs into HDMI port on TV) with a connection compatible with your phone on the other end ?   Then you can relay from phone to TV screen.   Dead easy.  I have these.

Edited by FionaE
Typo
  • Like 1

FionaE ....I will definitely look into that as we do have a rather nice Oled tv screen. I’m not very technically minded but have learnt a lot in last year even finding things on my phone I never knew were there! 
My partner may know more about cables!! 

I hadn’t realised the original production staged for the Royal was quite SO long ago ....in November 1976 ...but know I was at that first performance just before my birthday. 

It had Makarova Mason and Penney and Wall Eagling and Silver. Eagling was an up and coming dancer back then who I was very keen on and he signed a picture I had been given with Happy Birthday Linda!! 
I do wonder why this is not performed more often by the Royal though. Maybe it would be expensive to have to restage it now. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/03/2021 at 20:18, Angela said:

Stuttgart Ballet live-streams a new Beethoven evening on 1. April, as VoD available until 5. April. The triple bill combines Große Fuge and Adagio Hammerklavier, two classics by Hans van Manen, with a new creation by Mauro Bigonzetti; the Italian choreographer uses three piano sonatas by Beethoven. The evening was planned for the Beethoven jubilee year 2020.

https://www.stuttgart-ballet.de/home/livestream-beethoven-ballets/

I enjoyed the Adagio Hammerklavier very much.  All 3 couples were super, particularly Elisa Badenes and Jason Reilly. 

• Like 2

The next stream from Stuttgart: the annual evening of Young Choreographers - the famous Noverre evening where once the careers of Neumeier, Kylián, Forsythe, Spuck or Goecke have started, and the careers of many other choreographers and ballet directors.  This year, the Stuttgart dancers Aurora de Mori, Jessica Fyfe, Vittoria Girelli, Timoor Afshar, Shaked Heller, David Moore and Adrian Oldenburger will take part.

Live-Stream on Sunday, April 18th at 6 pm (CET), available as video-on-demand through April 22nd.

https://www.stuttgart-ballet.de/home/noverre-young-choreographers/