Stuttgart Ballet to stream Mayerling - and others

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Next stream from Stuttgart: Martin Schläpfer's "Taiyō to Tsuki" from July 2. until July 5.

The ballet was made in February to music by Franz Schubert (Third Symphony) and by Toshio Hosokawa. The title means "Sun and Moon", and that's what you get: a feast of dance for the Schubert, classical dance in modern shape - and a minimalistic, rather sinister second part. If you want to know how Vienna State Ballet will dance from next season on, take a look at Martin Schläpfer's latest creation.

With Hyo-Jung Kang, Anna Osadcenko, Miriam Kacerova, Friedemann Vogel, Roman Novitzky, David Moore and many others. 

• Like 1

Enjoyed the Taiyo (i.e., the mesmerising first half a la Schubert) rather more than the to Tsuki (the latter segment) where I fear Martin Schläpfer's choreography rather lost its momentum for me .... or simply wasn't to my taste ... but oh, what a wonderful Company of dancers this is.  Vogel was his usual bewitching self and it was nice to spy Daniele Silingardi (ex ENB) among the mix ... 

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 2

have just watched Taiyo etc and agree with Bruce Wall. I had absolutely no idea what the second part was about, but what a pleasure to see the Stuttgart company. I've said in the past, of actors, that they could read the telephone directory and I'd be happy - not sure what the balletic version of this is but Stuttgart has it for me!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Angela said:

This is a TV portrait of Friedemann Vogel, I have no idea if the stream works outside of Germany. It's online until Sunday.

https://www.3sat.de/kultur/kulturdoku/friedemann-vogel-tanz-100.html

Thanks so, Angela.  That was brilliant.  Is there a MORE elegant dancer?  I don't think so.  Moreover, the documentary was so sensitively handled.  A treat.  

On 06/07/2020 at 23:17, Angela said:

Stuttgart Ballet will repeat the streaming of Cranko's "Initials R.B.M.E." next weekend, from July 9. to July 12.

https://www.youtube.com/c/dasstuttgarterballett

It's gorgeous.  If you missed it last time, don't make the same mistake again.  If you saw it last time - I guess you'll probably be watching it again.  I know I will :)

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, alison said:

It's gorgeous.  If you missed it last time, don't make the same mistake again.  If you saw it last time - I guess you'll probably be watching it again.  I know I will :)

Thanks! This was, for me, the absolute highlight of the past four months of streamings. A total treasure. As a direct result, I’ve added several books about Stuttgart to my ballet library, incl John Percival’s bio of Cranko. 

Edited by Jeannette
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Jeannette said:

As a direct result, I’ve added several books about Stuttgart to my ballet library, incl John Percival’s bio of Cranko. 

Not Stuttgart, but Cranko: this did me some good.

(BRB are tweeting out some terrific rehearsal clips.)

• Like 7

• 3 months later...

Stuttgart Ballet streams three ballets of "Angels and Demons", a quadruple bill that should have premiered in May 2020, was postponed to November 2020 and now has been postponed until further notice because of the new lockdown in Germany (actually, it’s supposed to be a "lockdown light", but theatres are closed). The online premiere will take place on Friday, 27. November 19.00 CET, it’s online until Sunday, 29. November 22.00 CET. The company thanks Jirí Kylián and the Roland Petit estate for the rights to stream the ballets - as we all thank the choreographers worldwide who were and are so kind to concede the rights to so many online ballets.

Angels and Demons

Falling Angels

Choreography Jiří Kylián

Music Steve Reich

Petite Mort (Stuttgart Premiere)

Choreography Jiří Kylián

Music Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Le Jeune Homme et la Mort (Stuttgart Premiere)

Choreography Roland Petit

Music Johann Sebastian Bach

on www.stuttgart-ballet.de and Stuttgart Ballet’s YouTube Channel

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Angela said:

Stuttgart Ballet's Sleeping Beauty is up again for Christmas, the production by Marcia Haydée in the lavish sets by Jürgen Rose - with Elisa Badenes, Friedemann Vogel and Jason Reilly 

Online from 26. December 14.00 CET until 30. December 22.00 CET

thank you Angela for these links ... super Christmas Gifts from Stuttgart and Munich 🙏

• 3 weeks later...

A small excerpt from John Cranko's "Taming of the Shrew" with Elisa Badenes and Jason Reilly. It was filmed yesterday at an online gala event at the Theaterhaus, the home of Gauthier Dance, Stuttgart's other ballet company, and on a rather small stage. It is a gala version of different pas de deux from the ballet, first Petruchio's drunken solo from his wedding, then the actual taming pdd, then the solos for Kate and Petruchio from the final pdd.  After having filmed Cranko's Romeo and Onegin, Stuttgart Ballet were set to film also Taming of the Shrew for DVD in mid-March 2020, but the lockdown happened three days before the revival of the production, and the performances were cancelled.

• Like 3

I really enjoyed that. Quite apart from the dancing, Reilly & Badenes are such good actors. What a shame the full ballet was unable to be filmed. Hopefully it'll be filmed in the future as I'd now like to see the rest of it. Do you know who were scheduled to dance the other main roles?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As most German theatres will be closed until the end of March, Stuttgart Ballet announces a new video on demand: Don Quijote in a traditional version by Maximiliano Guerra, with Elisa Badenes and Adhonay Soares da Silva. The recording was made in 2017, it's online on Stuttgart's Youtube Channel from 20. January 19.00 CET until 24. January 22.00 CET. For free!

image.thumb.jpeg.6489f2dd10367f74b7bc96b405db6c0c.jpeg

• Like 8