Stuttgart Ballet to stream Mayerling - and others

The Stuttgart production with new sets and costumes by Jürgen Rose will be online for 24 hours from April 11th, 18.00 CET to April 12th, 18.00 CET on Stuttgart Ballet's Youtube Chanel

https://www.youtube.com/c/dasstuttgarterballett

The cast is the premiere cast at Stuttgart, with Friedemann Vogel (Rudolf), Elisa Badenes (Mary), Miriam Kacerova (Elisabeth), Alicia Amatriain (Larisch), Diana Ionescu (Stephanie), Anna Osadcenko (Mizzi), Marcia Haydée (Sophie) and Egon Madsen (Franz Josef).

• Like 13

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally I can't watch these long transmissions as my broadband bill goes too high, but I got a letter from BT last week saying there is no longer a limit, and they won't reinstate it in the future, so I can really look forward to this! Also should be possible to take breaks, or watch it twice.

• Like 4

Definitely a MUST WATCH.   There are very few videos of Friedemann available anywhere, and, this recording is from the premiere season of Mayerling at Stuttgart, so special indeed. 

Edited by FionaE
Typo 🙄
  • Like 1

Next streams by Stuttgart Ballet:

"Out of Breath" by Johan Inger from 23. April 17 GMT to 26. April 21 GMT

with Agnes Su, Elisa Badenes, Hyo-Jung Kang, Jason Reilly, Louis Stiens and Shaked Heller

"Onegin" by John Cranko from 1. May 17 GMT to 3. May 21 GMT

with Alicia Amatriain, Friedemann Vogel, Elisa Badenes, David Moore, Jason Reilly

https://www.stuttgart-ballet.de/home/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk9WDFKf3TjXwk1rf1tgfGg

• Like 3

• alison changed the title to Stuttgart Ballet to stream Mayerling on Easter - and others
  • 2 weeks later...

The next streams from Stuttgart Ballet:

May 7 – 10

Edward Clug: "Patterns in ¾"

Dancers: Ami Morita, Hyo-Jung Kang, Vittoria Girelli, Roman Novitzky, Martì Fernandez Paixà, Adhonay Soares da Silva, Fabio Adorisio  

May 14 – 17

John Cranko: "Initials R.B.M.E."

Dancers: Alicia Amatriain, Elisa Badenes, Hyo-Jung Kang, Friedemann Vogel, Jason Reilly, Adhonay Soares da Silva, David Moore

This abstract ballet to Johannes Brahms‘ Piano Concerto No. 2 is dedicated to Richard Cragun, Birgit Keil, Marcia Haydée and Egon Madsen, who danced the premiere - hence the initials   

• Like 2

YEEEEES !!

Stuttgart Ballet presented Initials RBME at the Royal Opera House during their 1974 season with the original cast and it made a profound impact on me.  It lingers in the memory and I have never seen it since - what a wonderful opportunity!  However, rather like Marguerite and Armand, I wonder how the ballet will fare without its original cast.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, li tai po said:

YEEEEES !!

Stuttgart Ballet presented Initials RBME at the Royal Opera House during their 1974 season with the original cast and it made a profound impact on me.  It lingers in the memory and I have never seen it since - what a wonderful opportunity!  However, rather like Marguerite and Armand, I wonder how the ballet will fare without its original cast.

Yes,  a lovely ballet. I've seen it with several other Stuttgart casts and thought it was mighty fine (never having seen the original cast, mind you)

• Like 1

• alison changed the title to Stuttgart Ballet to stream Mayerling - and others

From Stuttgart Ballet:

INITIALS R.B.M.E. (Cranko/Brahms) is now up and streaming on demand through Saturday, May 16, & into part of Sunday, 17th.

I got it on my TV YouTube by searching in German, as it did not appear in the English-Lang version of Stuttgart’s Youtube channel. So...you’ll want to type: 

Das Stuttgarter Ballet Initialen R.B. M.E.  It should pop up. A 56-minute film. Enjoy!

30 minutes ago, Jeannette said:

From Stuttgart Ballet:

INITIALS R.B.M.E. (Cranko/Brahms) is now up and streaming on demand through Saturday, May 16, & into part of Sunday, 17th.

I got it on my TV YouTube by searching in German, as it did not appear in the English-Lang version of Stuttgart’s Youtube channel. So...you’ll want to type: 

Das Stuttgarter Ballet Initialen R.B. M.E.  It should pop up. A 56-minute film. Enjoy!

or you can just go here

https://www.stuttgart-ballet.de/schedule/stuttgartballetathome/

8 minutes ago, Ianlond said:

Fabulous. What a ballet! Moving, joyous, heartfelt & some extremely challenging choreography for all concerned. I’ve only ever heard about it so what a joy to see from home!

Is it only ever (understandably) danced by Stuttgart Ballet or do other companies have it in their rep? 

I know only of Ballet de Santiago in Chile, which is headed by A.D. Marcia Haydee...the one-and-only “M” among the initials! A fine company based in a lovely whitewashed European-style opera house in the middle of the busy capital city. I’ve visited twice, during their August modern rep “winter” seasons. Luis Ortigoza was (still is?) their flashy super technician....a perfect fit for the “Initial R” role, I imagine.

• Like 3

It’s not really ballet, but a very fascinating opera production from Stuttgart:  Benjamin Britten’s "Death in Venice" in a staging by Demis Volpi, then house choreographer at Stuttgart Ballet and now, from September 2020, Director of Ballet on the Rhine. Tenor Matthias Klink received several German theatre awards for the role of Gustav von Aschenbach. Also in the cast: David Moore, RBS alumnus and principal dancer with Stuttgart Ballet, as the Greek god Apollon, his body completely covered in gold, and the young Gabriel Figueredo, who was still at the John Cranko School at the time, as Tadzio. The performance was recorded in 2017. Highly recommended!

online from 22. May to 28. May

https://www.stuttgarter-ballett.de/spielplan/stuttgartballetathome/

• Like 4

The next video on demand at Stuttgart Ballet is "One of a Kind" by Jiří Kylián, from 4. to 7. June. It’s one of Kyliáns rare full-length works, not a story ballet, but a series of abstract sequences of solos and duos, all in Kylián’s typical, fluent and cursive language. The staging looks almost futuristic with a gorgeous light design and abstract design elements by the Japanese architect Atsushi Kitagawara.  The musical landscape consists of madrigals, natural sounds, modern music and electronics, a cellist is live on stage. The piece was made for NDT in 1998, it asks fundamental questions about the freedom of the individual in society and it shows the protagonist, a lonely woman who is on stage for the whole evening, torn between her desire for independence and participation in the community. The Stuttgart premiere was in February 2019.

This is the trailer:

• Like 2