Photographic Highlights from RB 18/19 Season

Earlier this summer I asked Rachel Hollings (Artistic Administrator at the RB) if she would publish a contributing article for To The Pointe featuring her photographic highlights of The Royal Ballet’s 2018/19 Season. The result? A wonderful reflection of another superb offering of dance from The Royal Ballet. Although Rachel says she isn’t a ‘professional photographer’, for me, her photos capture the essence of ballet in its most beautiful and magical form. Enjoy!

https://tothepointemagazine.wixsite.com/tothepointemagazine/single-post/2019/08/19/Abandonment-to-the-Art---the-view-from-Instagram 

• Like 17

What a great idea TTP! The result is a wonderful collaboration with truly gorgeous photos showing the whole range of company activity;  not only the dancers but the set designers, lighting people, costume designers, etc.  Fascinating, and so interesting to read Miss Hollings' words. 

Thanks so much for this. 

• Like 4

Gorgeous, thanks for sharing. 

I especially love the pictures of the trailing back of the dress from A Month in the Country, and the Symphony in C all arms in alignment! 

I follow Rachel on instagram and for those who have it highly recommend giving her a follow as there's lots more of these pictures there! And if you don't have instagram, it's worth joining up to see behind the scenes pictures from the likes of Rachel and the dancers themselves! 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, JNC said:

I especially love the pictures of the trailing back of the dress from A Month in the Country, and the Symphony in C all arms in alignment! 

I follow Rachel on instagram and for those who have it highly recommend giving her a follow as there's lots more of these pictures there! And if you don't have instagram, it's worth joining up to see behind the scenes pictures from the likes of Rachel and the dancers themselves! 

Ditto !

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, JNC said:

Yes - she may not be a professional photographer, but her photographs are brilliant!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Dawnstar said:

While I can see that she's technically not a professional photographer in as far as it isn't her full time job, I find it hard to believe that anyone could capture photos like that without professional grade camera equipment.

Anyone can buy the equipment, but not all of them can have the eye and soul to capture a beautiful photo. For me, Rachel Hollings does.  That can’t be taught.  

• Like 9