Help With Online Shopping

crazydancinggirl

Hi, I need some advice about online shopping for dancewear.

I recently found Porselli, after shopping with Move previously. I found some amazing products, at great prices, but many of the reviews for the company online aren't great. I need these products within the next 2 weeks, as I'm going off to summer school, and I'm not sure if the delivery from Porselli is quick enough/ if the company is reliable?

I'm a teen with not much of a budget so can't buy expensive dancewear regularly - hence me shopping in the sale. So, as I've read before, Porselli sometimes don't notify you if something out of stock - is it the same for sale items?

Thank you

• Like 1

Welcome from me too. ☺️ It's been a while since my dd bought anything from Porselli but when we needed something quickly, I always used to phone to check stock levels and delivery times, having been let down a couple of times.  

My dd now takes herself to London if she needs anything (the Bloch store usually has a sale rail) but the other place who will always get an item to you urgently if they possibly can is Just Ballet in Wisbech.  

• Like 1

I've had this happen with other online companies too so not just a Porselli issue. We recently ordered from the Porselli sale and had no problems but I do think with sale items they can go quickly so they may not keep on top of stock. Hope you get what you're after - it's always great to get a bargain!

Edited by mimi'smom
typos
  • Like 2

in theory  any decent  stock control system  should stop you  ordering  when stock runs out ... 

note ' in theory'   and  'decent' 

'decent' first  -  this assumes that  there is a direct link to the same database  between the  website  / call centre / computer in the shop  and  the  'fulfillment' team in  the warehouse ...   so  as  the  warehouse picks  and sends out   the orders the 'available stock'  is  decremented  in real time  ...  which means that   stock accuracy dependent if it's on  the site  it's  there ... 

if  the  links are not reliable or require intervention  to update   then you can create a situation where  the stock holding reported to  the  orderign side  doesn't match  what is available in theory  to fulfillment  ... 

the ' in theory'  relies on the following  happening 

- receipts on the system are 100 % accurate to  what is supplied -  
- the product is on the right 'shelf' all the time  
 - that ' mis-picks'  are  restocked  in a timely manner 
- that  any  damaged products  are  quarantined both  physically and on the system  while a decision is made  

if  all these factors are a bit slack  in fulfillment  then  it'll be more than just the occasional  end of the line customer  who is being disappointed ...  

Edited by Nicola H

We use Porselli quite a lot.

there is a next day delivery option but the 48 hr one is fairly efficient 

and we usually phone and speak to James Chant if we need to check stock or we need a size not listed on the website!

Their prices are very reasonable and they have a great men’s/ Boys range !

• Like 1

My last Porselli order was placed at the beginning of July and arrived in a couple of days. I was expecting it to take longer as usually the orders would take about 4 days.

In my own experience I think they are keeping the website up to date as I have been watching a couple of items in the sale which must have since sold out because I can't find the size and colour I wanted.

They are very helpful over the phone too. 

• Like 1

On 22/07/2018 at 18:25, crazydancinggirl said:

Hi, I need some advice about online shopping for dancewear.

I recently found Porselli, after shopping with Move previously. I found some amazing products, at great prices, but many of the reviews for the company online aren't great. I need these products within the next 2 weeks, as I'm going off to summer school, and I'm not sure if the delivery from Porselli is quick enough/ if the company is reliable?

I'm a teen with not much of a budget so can't buy expensive dancewear regularly - hence me shopping in the sale. So, as I've read before, Porselli sometimes don't notify you if something out of stock - is it the same for sale items?

Thank you

I placed an order from Porselli on the 6th July. Order delivered very swiftly. Approx 7days. We don’t live on the mainland so delays are expected but happily to report not on this occasion. 🙆‍♀️

Thanks for the tip! I had always thought of Porselli as just selling Porselli. Have just ordered four leotards from them at £10 each. They had a much better selection than Dance Direct's current one and P&P very reasonable too.

• Like 1