Dance at The Grange, near Alresford, Hampshire

Hmm, not terribly specific beyond "Dance@TheGrange is performed by Company Wayne McGregor, dancers from The Royal Ballet and guest artists including Alessandra Ferri and Marianela Nunez, with music performance by pianist Joanna MacGregor."

1 hour ago, alison said:

Hmm, not terribly specific beyond "Dance@TheGrange is performed by Company Wayne McGregor, dancers from The Royal Ballet and guest artists including Alessandra Ferri and Marianela Nunez, with music performance by pianist Joanna MacGregor."

The lack of specific details obviously hasn't put people off - it's currently showing as sold out but you can ask to have your name put on the waiting list.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John Mallinson said:

Where was that? There seems to be a concurrent exhibition of Rick Guest's photos of (mainly) Royal Ballet dancers.

It was an an email they sent the other day (I'm on their mailing list).

Edited to add: they didn't caption the picture, if that makes a difference, but the email was specifically about a few tickets they would be releasing the following day (yesterday) and didn't mention the exhibition.

Edited by Lizbie1

Here's the rather mouth-watering programme.

Excerpt from Obsidian Tear, Wayne McGregor
Matthew Ball & Calvin Richardson

Excerpt from Winter Dreams, Kenneth MacMillan
Thiago Soares & Marianela Núñez

Excerpt from Autobiography, Wayne McGregor
Daniela Neugebauer & Rebecca Bassett-Graham

New solo, Charlotte Edmonds
Joseph Sissens

Meditation from Thais, Frederick Ashton
Sarah Lamb & Matthew Ball

Excerpt from Borderlands, Wayne McGregor
Francesca Hayward & Calvin Richardson

Excerpt from Woolf Works, Wayne McGregor
Federico Bonelli & Alessandra Ferri

PART 2
Atomos, Wayne McGregor
Company Wayne McGregor

PART 3
The Art of Fugue, Wayne McGregor
Company Wayne McGregor and dancers from The Royal Ballet

Live music performed by Joanna MacGregor

• Like 1

I see via a passing glance at Twitter that the Grange Festival has printed a bookmark to announce its plans for next year (2019). This includes the usual several operas and:

21st Century Women: Dance @ the Grange

Curated by Wayne McGregor and Marianela Nuñez

June 25, 26, 28

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Email from the Grange Festival this morning:

We are delighted to be able to announce that Edward Watson MBE, longest-serving Principal dancer at The Royal Ballet has agreed to become Patron of Dance@TheGrange.

Well known for helping Dance@TheGrange’s Director of Dance, Wayne McGregor, bring world-class ballet to a wider audience, Edward’s passion for inspiring younger generations will also see him support our Learning@TheGrange programme.

Edward’s technique and style has captured the imagination of audiences and choreographers alike. Critically acclaimed roles include Arthur Pita’s dance version of Kafka’s ‘Metamorphosis’, specifically created with Edward in mind for the title role. The outstanding performance won Edward international accolades and an Olivier Award for Outstanding Achievement in Dance.

We are thrilled to have him as our Dance@TheGrange Patron.

“I am honoured to be asked to come on board as The Grange Festival Patron. I have admired the work of The Grange Festival for the past two years and I hope to lend whatever assistance I can to help the charity evolve and grow.”

Edward Watson

• Like 3

https://thegrangefestival.co.uk/

It's a beautiful venue, but I have only been once since Grange Park Opera moved to West Horsley and left the venue vacant for the Grange Festival.  It's a bit hard to get to if you don't have transport (I used to spend a fortune on cabs getting to operas there, as Grange Park Opera used to - and still does, in its new location - regularly employ several singers I know/like).

4 minutes ago, RuthE said:

It's a bit hard to get to if you don't have transport (I used to spend a fortune on cabs getting to operas there, as Grange Park Opera used to - and still does, in its new location - regularly employ several singers I know/like).

They run a minibus service from Basingstoke station I believe.

I agree it’s extremely pretty, and I like Michael Chance’s policy of having no long speeches!