Overseas summer schools 2019

Jay Jay

Dar Danse in Morocco is AMAZING!! 

Good food, pool, beach, fabulous rooms, amazing teachers! We’ve been twice now and had an amazing time each time!  DD absolutely loves going. They’ve even got their own camel for camel rides!! DD dancing and DH and I watching the whole week! Absolute heaven on earth. We’ve even extended each time by having another week in Essaouira in a  Rhiad. Would definitely recommend 🌞💖❤️🐪🌴

Edited by Dancing unicorn
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Hambleton said:

Pont L'Abbe International Summer School in Brittany has been recommended to us in the past

Oooh we are going to Brittany next year on our holiday. Mentioned it to my DD and she said she might not understand as she doesn't speak very much French! 

4 hours ago, Ellie said:

How old is he, what level is he at and what sort of holiday would you like ?! (City/beach ?) x

1 hour ago, Dancing unicorn said:

First year we went there were 2 boys. Last year there was one young boy! So yes boys do go I just don’t think that many apply!

How old is your ds jay jay? X

Ah yes that would help! He's 10 will be 11 next year. He's doing Ballet Grade 5 RAD and Interfoundation. He also does Tap, Jazz, Modern, Acro. We don't mind city or beach. Will look up everyone's suggestions thanks.

Edited by Jay Jay
  • Like 1

I keep getting a ‘suggested post’ from Estonia International Ballet School on my Facebook page. It looks very interesting, but I’d never heard of it. Anyone any experience of this summer school?

Sorry to hijack your thread JayJay - don’t think this one would be any use to you as it’s for ages 16+.

• Like 1

Look at Dance Europe site for lists of schools and companies that have summer schools.

We’ve had family holidays around summer schools. Princess Grace in Monoco, we holidayed in southern France whilst dd danced. She’s also done Royal Danish and Royal Antwerp whilst we’ve holidayed locally. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BlueLou said:

I keep getting a ‘suggested post’ from Estonia International Ballet School on my Facebook page. It looks very interesting, but I’d never heard of it. Anyone any experience of this summer school?

Sorry to hijack your thread JayJay - don’t think this one would be any use to you as it’s for ages 16+.

No problem BlueLou I’m happy if the thread is useful others as well!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sunrise81 said:

Oooh we are going to Brittany next year on our holiday. Mentioned it to my DD and she said she might not understand as she doesn't speak very much French! 

The teachers speak English, I believe, and the woman who runs it is bi-lingual.  But good chance for DD to practice her French (at the shops, for example)?  :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sam said:

We were in Biarritz last week for a spring ballet course and the dog came too!!

We stayed in a campsite and found dog-friendly beaches!!

Boys are from 13. Looks like that will be 2021!