Elmhurst young dancers audition

Missy

3 hours ago, Lottiebb said:

Hi my daughter has an audition for extended young Dancers year 7 tomorrow  at Elmhurst, anybody advise if similar audition process to royal ballet mids. 

Also she has a place at Elmhurst Summer school, very excited. Anybody else have a place , she doesn’t know anyone else going . Thank you 

Good luck to DD tomorrow.  My daughter is going to English National Ballet summer school this year but she did Elmhurst last year. She didn't know anyone but made lots of friends who she's still in touch with. It was a really friendly summer school which she loved. Teacher was adamant that she should get experience of other schools this year hence why we applied for ENB. Sure your DD will have a great time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tatasmum said:

DD auditioned this afternoon. She came out with a huge smile on her face so whatever the outcome it'

Sorry, I'm having problems posting here. Screen keeps jumping. Meant to say whatever the outcome it was worthwhile. She would really like a place but said if not then she has EYB this year. I was proud of her for going in and getting on with it. She said it felt like she was only in there 25 minutes.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tatasmum said:

Sorry, I'm having problems posting here. Screen keeps jumping. Meant to say whatever the outcome it was worthwhile. She would really like a place but said if not then she has EYB this year. I was proud of her for going in and getting on with it. She said it felt like she was only in there 25 minutes.

My younger DD also auditioned yesterday. She’s 7 and first ever audition. Super proud of her as she went off happily with the rest of her group and came back still happy. Like your DD Tatasmum she thought the session was only about 25 minutes, certainly not longer than her usual class length! She’s now anxious for the results whereas I am in denial about them. Just hoping she’s done well but also not sure following her elder sister’s path is what she really wants, even though she says it is. Oh well, time will tell. Just happy to see Elmhurst showed their usual level of warmth & care to the little ones that i’ve seen at vocational level auditions & summer school in the past. 

• Like 3

Results from last Saturday’s auditions are filtering out. 

Amazed that my younger DD has been offered a place, particularly as I felt she is rather young & perhaps not ready yet! But what do us parents know? 

Do hope there’s more good news for forum DC coming out 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, dancefanatic said:

Thanks Tatasmum and I'm sorry your DD had a No but equally pleased that she's taken it well.  As we all know, No's are more the norm and really only mean not yet.  Good luck for the rest of the journey! 

Thank you dancefanatic. She's quite resilient and is happy to go along to auditions :-)

• Like 1

Looking forward to it dancefanatic. Tatasmum - those dance festivals sound like fun! Like dancefanatic said it's a 'not yet'. One of our girls didn't get in year 4 but then got a place in year 5. Wishing  your DD lots of fun and success on the way! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BalletShoes5 said:

Looking forward to it dancefanatic. Tatasmum - those dance festivals sound like fun! Like dancefanatic said it's a 'not yet'. One of our girls didn't get in year 4 but then got a place in year 5. Wishing  your DD lots of fun and success on the way! 

Thank you and well done to your DD!  

On 27/04/2018 at 19:24, ImgyA said:

Good luck to DD tomorrow.  My daughter is going to English National Ballet summer school this year but she did Elmhurst last year. She didn't know anyone but made lots of friends who she's still in touch with. It was a really friendly summer school which she loved. Teacher was adamant that she should get experience of other schools this year hence why we applied for ENB. Sure your DD will have a great time.

Hi. My DD attended Elmhurst and ENBS last summer and BW the previous year. The same faces kept reappearing. So if your DD thinks she won’t know anyone she may well be surprised. 

Then my DD auditioned for Vocational School last Autumn and sure enough a couple of girls appeared again. 

Certainly breaks the ice in the first day or so. 😉

Good luck for the SS. ENBS is completely different to Elmhurst. 

13 hours ago, balletbean said:

Hi. My DD attended Elmhurst and ENBS last summer and BW the previous year. The same faces kept reappearing. So if your DD thinks she won’t know anyone she may well be surprised. 

Then my DD auditioned for Vocational School last Autumn and sure enough a couple of girls appeared again. 

Certainly breaks the ice in the first day or so. 😉

Good luck for the SS. ENBS is completely different to Elmhurst. 

Thanks,  Balletbean. In what way was ENB different? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ImgyA said:

Thanks,  Balletbean. In what way was ENB different? 

Larger % of international pupils. 

Different ambience as it is a non residential SS. As you can probably appreciate, with other SS you wave bye bye on the Sunday and your DC is gone for the week. They are on like an extended sleepover with all the associated fun that brings outside the studio as well as the expected tuition 

ENBS just can’t offer the same as every evening the pupils disappear to their own accommodation. My DD enjoyed ENBS but it was mentally quite intense. Not a bad thing. Just different. The end of week review was on a whole different level. Certainly pushed all the pupils outside their usual comfort zone. Amazing experience and a great prequel to Vocational Schools. 

Ps. Just be prepared with the packing. DD went through  2x Pointe shoes and 2x soft shoes in the two weeks 🙆‍♀️

• Like 1

On 06/05/2018 at 16:09, balletbean said:

Larger % of international pupils. 

Different ambience as it is a non residential SS. As you can probably appreciate, with other SS you wave bye bye on the Sunday and your DC is gone for the week. They are on like an extended sleepover with all the associated fun that brings outside the studio as well as the expected tuition 

ENBS just can’t offer the same as every evening the pupils disappear to their own accommodation. My DD enjoyed ENBS but it was mentally quite intense. Not a bad thing. Just different. The end of week review was on a whole different level. Certainly pushed all the pupils outside their usual comfort zone. Amazing experience and a great prequel to Vocational Schools. 

Ps. Just be prepared with the packing. DD went through  2x Pointe shoes and 2x soft shoes in the two weeks 🙆‍♀️

Thank you. Yes, she enjoyed the evenings and boarding at Elmhurst, and this year she is looking forward to being with me in the evenings and sightseeing around London as we are staying in a b and b fir the week without hubby and son. Thanks for the warning about the shoes- we'll be prepared (or else suffer an expensive trip to Covent Gdn dance shops!).  She's excited to do this one- she's currently in year 8 at school so another couple of years before vocational school. X

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ImgyA said:

Thank you. Yes, she enjoyed the evenings and boarding at Elmhurst, and this year she is looking forward to being with me in the evenings and sightseeing around London as we are staying in a b and b fir the week without hubby and son. Thanks for the warning about the shoes- we'll be prepared (or else suffer an expensive trip to Covent Gdn dance shops!).  She's excited to do this one- she's currently in year 8 at school so another couple of years before vocational school. X

Brilliant. Hope you have fun. My DD was too shattered in the evenings to go out. But she was in the older age group. Went swimming a couple of times, but nearly every night she took herself off to bed by 9pm fast asleep minutes later. Bless ‘em all 

• 1 month later...
On 25/04/2018 at 20:36, hoglett said:

I'm a bit confused. My DD was supposed to audition for a Y10 place but was too ill to attend so she's been invited to an 'overflow audition 'on June 23rd. How do they know they'll still have spaces then? 

Hi there 👋🏼

Did you find the answer to your question above Hoglett ? Or any info as to how they would have any places left to offer to those in an overflow audition? 

As I too feel confused about it.. audition offers from the 28th April have all been sent now, leaving little if any places left, 🙁perhaps? 

3 hours ago, Heart of Dance said:

Hi there 👋🏼

Did you find the answer to your question above Hoglett ? Or any info as to how they would have any places left to offer to those in an overflow audition? 

As I too feel confused about it.. audition offers from the 28th April have all been sent now, leaving little if any places left, 🙁perhaps? 

No I didn't get any answers and like you I do question just how many places are left and I also know that when my DD wasn't offered a place two years ago we just got an irritating  'we don't enter into correspondence ' reply. So in my opinion, they can easily audition students when essentially there might not be any places. My DD has withdrawn her application as she's actually accepting an associate place at Kings International Ballet Academy. Good luck to your DC.

18 minutes ago, hoglett said:

No I didn't get any answers and like you I do question just how many places are left and I also know that when my DD wasn't offered a place two years ago we just got an irritating  'we don't enter into correspondence ' reply. So in my opinion, they can easily audition students when essentially there might not be any places. My DD has withdrawn her application as she's actually accepting an associate place at Kings International Ballet Academy. Good luck to your DC.

Great. I am glad you decided to accept KIBA.