Accomodation/rent room, London, July 2018

Sabri

Welcome to the forum, Sabri.  I've added the tag "accommodation" to the tags for this thread: if you click on it, you will find numerous other related threads, including one for last year's ENB summer school, which may be of help.

Should you end up lodging with a private individual, I would of course recommend extreme caution and that you check them out fully.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, alison said:

Welcome to the forum, Sabri.  I've added the tag "accommodation" to the tags for this thread: if you click on it, you will find numerous other related threads, including one for last year's ENB summer school, which may be of help.

Should you end up lodging with a private individual, I would of course recommend extreme caution and that you check them out fully.

Thank you  so much  for your kind  advice

Don't rely 100% on the kitchen facilities being available for summer guests in student accommodation; check when you book.  I've used Imperial College summer accommodation in the past, and the kitchens have been locked out of use.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/03/2018 at 12:55, Sabri said:

Hello my name is Sabrina I need a room with cooking facilities from 15 to 28 July during ENB summer school. Can you help me?

Hi Sabrina, Congratulations on gaining a place at ENBS this summer. My DD was there last year so if you need any advice just ask.

How old you are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Unfortunately if you are under 18 the Universities Halls are not available even with a chaperone, as we discovered. Even some hotels in the area would not allow anyone to stay unaccompanied under 18. Frustrating but it is all down to child protection, insurance and licensed premises. 

The university halls Liberty Living accept students under the age of 18, this is where many of the students from Central School of Ballet live. Liberty Living have a number of halls in central London. Access to kitchens, security is excellent. They do offer short term summer let's 

Edited by Nana Lily

17 hours ago, Nana Lily said:

The university halls Liberty Living accept students under the age of 18, this is where many of the students from Central School of Ballet live. Liberty Living have a number of halls in central London. Access to kitchens, security is excellent. They do offer short term summer let's 

That’s interesting as I researched all of them last summer. Complete non-starter. Even though I offered to stay with my DD for the duration of the SS 😕

Edited by balletbean

• alison changed the title to Accomodation/rent room, London, July 2018
45 minutes ago, Nana Lily said:

if you look at Liberty Living they take students from 16. Central SB and RCS use Liberty for their 16 year olds. Also the Northern SS in Leeds use Liberty in Leeds for 16 and upwards. Shame you didn't uncover this last year. 

which they may do  during term time  , but not during the summer period 
the processes and systems of work for Halls  accomodation are different to the  processes and systems for using the same  buildign for summer tourist / conference accomodation 

• Like 1

https://northernballet.com/academy/training-programmes/summer-school

6 hours ago, Nicola H said:

which they may do  during term time  , but not during the summer period 
the processes and systems of work for Halls  accomodation are different to the  processes and systems for using the same  buildign for summer tourist / conference accomodation 

Liberty do offer accommodation for SS at 16 independently.

Accommodation

The Academy of Northern Ballet is a non-residential course. The Academy, in partnership with Liberty Livingstudent accommodation, can offer students attending the course accommodation for the duration of the Summer School at student complex Liberty Dock. Students can book a room within shared flats at the residence which is a 10 minute walk from Northern Ballet. Students under 16 must stay with parent or guardian – family packages available.

https://northernballet.com/academy/training-programmes/summer-school

• Like 2

On 02/04/2018 at 23:52, Nana Lily said:

if you look at Liberty Living they take students from 16. Central SB and RCS use Liberty for their 16 year olds. Also the Northern SS in Leeds use Liberty in Leeds for 16 and upwards. Shame you didn't uncover this last year. 

Hi, Thank you for that info.

However, Liberty Living blocks are more central and therefore nearly an hour away by public transport to ENBS. 

Is that the norm for SS accommodation?  

• 1 month later...
On 08/04/2018 at 09:30, zoefroro said:

Hi Sabrina, i’m Zoe 

I’m looking for a flat too during ENB summer courses from july 15 to july 28

Are you interested in sharing the flat/room? 

Hi, I am also going to the ENB summer course and I am looking for someone to share room/flat with during 15-28 July. I am 16 years old. /Mathilda