Bloch leotards, help with sizing needed..

Tatasmum

My daughter needs a Bloch cotton Lycra leotard, she's currently in a Roch Valley 9-10 shiny leotard. Do the cotton Lycra ones have as much give?

My daughter will be 11 in 3 months but is very petite, she wears 9-10 clothes. Are Bloch leotards true to size? In Bloch size 1B is 8-10, the next size up is 11-12

The leotard we need to order is this one

http://www.dancinginthestreet.com/Catalogue/Regulation-Uniform/Bloch-Female-RAD-Uniform/Bloch-BU102-Tank-Leotard

Thanks in advance

sorry, I can't help with sizing at all! DD wears a variety of makes, but even the same brand sometimes seem to fit differently!

However, I have found the website you linked to incredibly helpful with sizing, measurements etc. I would give them a call.

good luck x

• Like 1

My daughter who is exactly the same age and sounds a similar size too, has a Bloch cotton Lycra leotard (basic tank shape) in age 12 which is perfect. It's a slightly different style from the one you need though so not sure if that would make a difference? Good luck - this leotard sizing thing can be a nightmare!

• Like 1

My daughter is the same age, we only have a couple of the more embellished leotards but 8-10 is right for her. The 10-12 was huge but these leotards are in ages rather than numbers so may be different. We do have a couple of other Bloch items which are also in 8-10 though so I think their sizing is probably big on the whole for children.

• Like 1

Thanks Pixiewoo,

I plucked that website off Google but I've ordered from their eBay store in the past and they were really helpful. I have to place the order with the school as there's other items we need too.

I've just measured my daughter and she's measuring 8-10 apart from her girth, I just hope the cotton leotards are stretchy..

Sorry Elfin, I missed your reply! I was thinking the cotton ones might not have as much give. She needs the leotard for an associate scheme so I might ask if they have samples. I'm worried now that the 8-10 might be too small in the girth now.

Is it an Elmhurst associates leotard? My daughters 10 and tiny (4"3) she's been in the 8-10 for almost two years now so I'd say they're small fitting. However there seems to be a big jump between sizes, she's in need of a new one and next size up is far too big.

Is it an Elmhurst associates leotard? My daughters 10 and tiny (4"3) she's been in the 8-10 for almost two years now so I'd say they're small fitting. However there seems to be a big jump between sizes, she's in need of a new one and next size up is far too big.

My dd is 9 and she's 135cm in the next size up, 10-12 I think, and it's tiny on her but I can't believe she'd need the 12-14! I think the sizes must be a bit hit and miss! She's in the smallest size of tracksuit, for comparison.

Edited by Farawaydancer

Yes, ours in an Elmhurst one too and she's just outgrown the 8-10. She's about 139cm tall. The next size is age 12 and fits well, relatively unstretched but not baggy. (I agree, the tracksuit is age 7-8 and is very generous apart from leg length!)