luckymum

I wanted to share some good news for those who have been disappointed at auditions this year - to give hope for next time. I am posting not under my usual name to protect my dc identity.

My dc has received an MDS on the 3rd year of auditions, never having even reached a final before. We have had some pretty grim times with 'nos', injuries and other stuff. They have worked very hard, kept on developing and kept up hope - even when we didn't have any tbh.

I feel so sad for those who have not had the right answer this time - my heart goes out to you because I've been there and I know it's awful. But if your dc wants to, keep going, because your luck can change.

The support and advice that has been available to me on this forum has been unbelievably useful, comforting and reassuring. So thank you. I would have lost the plot a long time ago without it.

Good luck for next time.

• Like 35

I would just like to say a massive congratulations to your dc, you must be so proud and it is a massive achievement for them!! Thank you for posting and sharing your story, it really does offer hope for the future and I hope you don't mind but I have pm'd you with a question :)

Many congratulations to your DC.

Can I also say - you say it's luck, but it's not - it's hard work from your DC and their teachers. It's great for young people to learn that hard work, as well as smart work, can get them where they want to go. Even better than luck!!

• Like 2