BRB Nutcracker casting (Birmingham)

Casting is now up for The Nutcracker at the Birmingham Hippodrome on the BRB website. Casting for Sugar Plum, Nutcracker Prince and Clara only. As is now usual you have to click on each performance to find out the cast, I'll try to post a complete list later if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

• Like 3

It's an interesting mix of established and newer casts. I think it speaks well of the company's overall position that they can offer so many casts rather than a higher number of performances of certain couples.

I would have liked to have known who is due to be Drosselmeyer as well though.

• Like 2

This is exciting! Defintely going to catch both Karla Doorbar and Laura Day as Clara (hopefully with Chi) - but I really wish I could see all casts. Seeing Yaoqian Shang as Sugar Plum would be an absolute treat.

There are a couple of performances with Karla as the Sugar Plum Fairy and Laura as Clara. Inevitably, an extra ticket required. Fortunately my subscription ticket is for one of Yaoqian Shang's performances.

There are a couple of performances with Karla as the Sugar Plum Fairy and Laura as Clara. Inevitably, an extra ticket required. Fortunately my subscription ticket is for one of Yaoqian Shang's performances.

My tickets are for one of the Karla/Laura shows so I hope they both do themselves justice. My husband is coming for his first ever trip to the ballet. I am really hoping he will enjoy it.

• Like 2

I doubt that I shall be able to go but I am interested in the casting and the online format is driving me crazy. Here’s a consolidated version in the order Sugar Plum Fairy/Prince/Clara:

Fri. 27th Nov. 2.00pm – Nao Sakuma/Mathias Dingman/Arancha Baselga

7.30pm -  Momoko Hirata/Joseph Caley/Karla Doorbar

Sat.28th Nov. 2.30pm – Samara Downs/Jamie Bond/Reina Fuchigami

7.30pm – Celine Gittens/Tyrone Singleton/Laura Purkiss

Sun.29th Nov. 1.00pm – Yaoqian Shang/William Bracewell/Karla Doorbar

Tue.1 Dec.     2.00pm – Celine Gittens/ Tyrone Singleton/ Laura Purkiss

7.30pm – as 27th Nov. mat

Wed.2nd Dec. 7.30pm – as 27th Nov. eve.

Thu.3rd Dec. 2.00pm  - Yijing Zhang/Brandon Lawrence/Laura Purkiss

7.30pm –  as 28th Nov. mat

Fri.4th Dec.    7.30pm – Arancha Baselga/Chi Cao/Laura Day

Sat 5th Dec.   2.30pm - as 29th Nov mat

7.30pm  - Elisha Willis/Cesar Morales/ Laura Purkiss

Sun.6th Dec.  1.00pm – Yvette Knight/Yasuo Atsuji/Reina Fuchigami

Tue.8th Dec.  2.00pm – as 4th Dec

7.30pm – as 3rd Dec. mat.

Wed.9th Dec..7.30pm – Karla Doorbar/Tzu-Chao Chou/Laura Day

Thu.10th Dec. 2.00pm – as 5th Dec. eve

7.30pm – as 6th Dec. mat

Fri.11th Dec.  7.30pm – Delia Matthews/Brandon Lawrence/Arancha Balsega

Sat 12th Dec. 2.30pm – as 9th Dec

7.30pm – as 10th Dec. mat

Sun.13th Dec. 1.00pm – as 11th Dec

BRB, if you are reading this thread, pleeeeease make your casting information more user friendly – NOW!

• Like 3

My tickets are for one of the Karla/Laura shows so I hope they both do themselves justice. My husband is coming for his first ever trip to the ballet. I am really hoping he will enjoy it.

How can one NOT enjoy the best Nut in town??!! Do let us know how he gets on! :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Out of interest (not that I shall be able to go tomorrow), I notice that if you hover over seats in the rear stalls for the matinee, a "£10 ticket offer" comes up.  Does anyone know what that's about?

Edit: Having done a dummy run, it looks as though it's just available to all comers.!