Accommodation when performing in London Coliseum

Cherry

DD is performing in London Coliseum this Dec/Jan. We live too far away to travel to London on a daily basis. Struggling to sort accommodation. Tried Airbnb, various hotels & serviced apartments. Any advice or suggestions would be very welcome. ????

Yes, there was one on High Holborn, just near the Shaftesbury Theatre, which used to do it.

You say periods of 2 and 3 nights, but is there any chance that might change, e.g. due to illness, so that you'd need coverage over the whole period?

Have you asked who she is performing with if they have any recommendations? If she isn't finishing too late have a look at underground lines and overground services from local station to see if can find somewhere not too far out that will be more reasonably priced.

I think you will only find university accomadation that is commercially available and therefore a comparable price to a mid/top range hotel as students do not move out of their rooms for Christmas break.

That might be a consideration.  If looking at anything coming into Charing Cross railway station, which would normally be quite sensible, check the timetable carefully as there's no interchange at London Bridge at the moment.  The upshot is that, if you have trains post-rush hour at all from that station they may stop early, or you may have to go via Cannon Street, which involves an extra Tube journey.

I think you will only find university accomadation that is commercially available and therefore a comparable price to a mid/top range hotel as students do not move out of their rooms for Christmas break.

Er, no. Not if you know where to look!

Edited by Kate_N

Have you tried looking through the London Youth Hostel Association? Most of them have twin rooms as opposed to dorms and can be booked by the night or by the week.  My son stayed at Holland House (Victoria) when he was in London and had breakfast, evening meal and use of the gym as standard within the room price (although some of their properties are self catering and some are female only). 

That might be a consideration.  If looking at anything coming into Charing Cross railway station, which would normally be quite sensible, check the timetable carefully as there's no interchange at London Bridge at the moment.  The upshot is that, if you have trains post-rush hour at all from that station they may stop early, or you may have to go via Cannon Street, which involves an extra Tube journey.

Uh-oh.  See my post in the News forum, but I've since discovered that there will be no trains coming into Charing X at all, nor Cannon Street.