Central Audition for 2018 Entry

sarahw

Just to say my dd went to the Central audition in Glasgow at the weekend. It was fairly relaxed and friendly.

There were 16 female and 2 male dancers. There was a 1 1/2 hour ballet class (about Inter to Adv 1 level) followed by a basic contemporary class. (DD has done only a small amount of contemporary and found it fine.) They were numbered in height order smallest first. The girls wore leotards of various colours - some camisole, some cap sleeved. Mostly single colour leotards, not much lace etc. From what I saw most wore discreet/low key make-up but some wore none. Sorry can't remember what boys wore but must've been fairly standard as I didn't notice! 

They were told results would be out soon!!

I am happy to answer any questions if I can.

Edited by sarahw
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, BlueLou said:

Odd question, but any idea why they arranged them by height?? Or what sort of range there was? Dd is very conscious that she is a little taller than ‘ideal’, being 5ft 7 (and at 15 possibly still growing). 

Tell her not to worry BlueLou - my 5ft 8" daughter was offered a place at Central last year  x

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
On 06/11/2017 at 18:24, sarahw said:

Oh dear I'm stalking the postman again.... Life goes round in cycles..... Has anyone heard from Central yet from the 29th? Also can anyone from last year remember if preliminary results come by email or post?

Hi everyone my dd just did her central prelimary audition yesterday when did your results come through was it quick or a bit of a wait? 

On 06/11/2017 at 18:24, sarahw said:

Oh dear I'm stalking the postman again.... Life goes round in cycles..... Has anyone heard from Central yet from the 29th? Also can anyone from last year remember if preliminary results come by email or post?

I feel your pain. I was like that after my DD’s audition at Northern. The most painful 8 days of my life. That day instead of 10.30am delivery the postman changed his rounds. 2.20pm before THE letter arrived. 😁. The wait was worth it. 😉

So sorry to invade a thread, but so you think it would be alright to send in tendu effacé with arms in 4th even though it asks for arms in 2nd? It's just photo taking is such a hassle and trauma! 😁 and I would love to send the application out very soon, but my dancing has broken up now. Thank you in advance (this is for the spring course)