Vote for Britain's favourite bird

JulieW

In the end it comes down to Robin or blackbird for me probably robin as you can tame them up more than a blackbird ......one in the garden comes down right next to you if moving pits around etc!.....but couldn't do without either of their songs!!

All 10 contenders are wonderful birds and the choice is a hard one.

When we lived in the country, we regularly had wrens' nests among the ivy over our garden wall and watching the babies being fed and then fledge was amazing.

But puffins are real cuties, as are kingfishers and owls.

In the end, however, the robin edges it for me!

Ive just voted for Robin but wrens are another lovely little bird with a great sound.

We've tried to entice wrens with all manner of different nest boxes but sadly no take up but they do come and feed in the garden.

Last year we had a robin nest but not this year but we do get starlings great tits and blue tits every year because they seem the only birds keen on boxes. The baby starlings have started to poke their heads out of the box so guess they'll be fledging this week sometime which is early for them.

In the end it comes down to Robin or blackbird for me probably robin as you can tame them up more than a blackbird ......one in the garden comes down right next to you if moving pits around etc!.....but couldn't do without either of their songs!!

I used to feed a blackbird by hand LinnMM, I've not seen it this year though, so maybe fear the worst. My favourite bird is the Kingfisher, I used to have two pairs nesting on the river bank at the bottom of the garden, within a hundred metres of each other. Unfortunately they've gone now due to the EA making the banks look like a scene off the moon.

Edited by Vonrothbart
  • Like 1