ballet in Paris?

Hi everyone, was hoping for some advice please. I am taking my 13 year old daughter to Paris during the Easter break as a birthday test. We would love to take in some ballet or contemporary dance during our visit. The ballet opera doesn't have anything scheduled whilst we are there, can anyone recommend elsewhere to try?

Many thanks, H

Ballet in Paris is a bit limited to the resident Paris Opera Ballet who perform at Opera Garnier or Opera Bastille.  The only other places where you get occasional ballet is Theatre Chatelet (I hated that theatre), Theatre Champs Elysees or Palais Congress.  I did see Matthew Bourne at Theatre Mogador once.

• Like 1

Thank you linMM, i now have to do the same for my other two daughters! I Will definately be going on a tour for le garnier which looks amazing, thankyou so much for these ideas, i would not have had a clue otherwise. My dd has had a tough time at school and injuries recently so this is a much deserved break from the norm ( which I think we all need sometimes).

• Like 1

We are off to Paris too - first time ever to the Garnier. I booked Paquita seats at the beginning of January for Sat 16 May, but Manon on Mon 18th has always been showing unbookable ever since then - does anyone know why this might be?? I have registered for returns as Katherine suggested above.... Do they release more seats as the weeks go by? I think my computer could find its own way to their website by now!

We are off to Paris too - first time ever to the Garnier. I booked Paquita seats at the beginning of January for Sat 16 May, but Manon on Mon 18th has always been showing unbookable ever since then - does anyone know why this might be?? I have registered for returns as Katherine suggested above.... Do they release more seats as the weeks go by? I think my computer could find its own way to their website by now!

The 18th is Dupont's farewell and will be a very difficult ticket. The performance will be cinecast, though, so you can see it in a cinema over there.

Thank you for the above advice. Maybe we'll just try at the box office on 16th and if there's still nothing consider the cinema!

You can queue inside at the box office on the day of performance for returns (mainly from hotels and travel agents). I've done this twice and managed to get good seats. You may have to queue for a few hours so bring a good book!!

Edited by ambros1a
  • Like 1

You can queue inside at the box office on the day of performance for returns (mainly from hotels and travel agents). I've done this twice and managed to get good seats. You may have to queue for a few hours so bring a good book!!

One of my friends managed to get an amphitheatre ticket for Nicolas Le Riche's farewell performance by queuing from 5:00am on the day of the performance. (well she could return home after buying the ticket to have some sleep before the performance)  

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Just a note to say thanks for the link for the resale of tickets. I registered and luckily was able to purchase two tickets to see the spectacle de l'ecole de dance. My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The performance was impressive, but one stood out which was "Aunis", three male dancers performing a wonderful piece to two accordion players, this was particularly spell binding. So big thanks for the tip toursenlair. With a total trip time door to door from home of four hours I realise this type of trip is more do-able.

• Like 4