Royal Ballet Don Quixote update January 5th

Thanks, Vanartus. My guess is it'll be a while yet before they announce the replacement: from what's on the website, it looks to me as though they're trying to give Golding a chance of dancing and need to find someone he can partner. But I've seen all the supporting cast already, so will probably give it a miss.

Am I right in thinking that, having originally cast seven Kitris, the RB is now down to four which includes a guest who is only coming in at the end of the run? That's difficult as it is a demanding role and the ballerina is on stage for much of the time. Yesterday, Akane had a tiny stumble almost as soon as she came on stage and this brought back memories of last year when she fell twice in her first minute on stage (thankfully no harm was done and she carried on with great composure). My pet theory for the unusually large number of slips/stumbles/falls in this production is that the moving scenery leaves small dents, ridges and 'skid' in the surface of the floor making it uneven.

Dancing with Golding, I take it? Oh yes, just read the linked piece. That'll be good: she may not know the production, but she'll at least be familiar with her Basilio, which will count for a lot. I'm almost sorry I exchanged my ticket, except that I seem to be going down with a bit of a cold, so might not have made it anyway.

• Like 1

Anna Tsygankova of Dutch National Ballet will be replacing Natalia Osipova on 5th January.

http://www.roh.org.uk/news/cast-change-marianela-nunez-and-thiago-soares-to-dance-in-don-quixote-on-29-december-2014

Initially dissapointed but following the comments on the ROH website, it seems she is a good one, so looking forward to it again now.

When I called at the Box Office at 5pm yesterday they said it was still tbc, which is still is, so hung on to the ticket, and am very pleased I did, as I have Blu-Rays of this couple in Don Quixote, Nutcracker and Cinderella, there is an extra rapport between them which will make tomorrow night exciting and is a lovely compensation for Matthew Golding. The bad news is that I don't feel very well and there is a 24 hour bus strike tomorrow!

When I called at the Box Office at 5pm yesterday they said it was still tbc, which is still is, so hung on to the ticket, and am very pleased I did, as I have Blu-Rays of this couple in Don Quixote, Nutcracker and Cinderella, there is an extra rapport between them which will make tomorrow night exciting and is a lovely compensation for Matthew Golding. The bad news is that I don't feel very well and there is a 24 hour bus strike tomorrow!

Then the box office, not for the first time, is wrong.

Bus driver strike only affects East London buses (though that includes the RV1).

When I called at the Box Office at 5pm yesterday they said it was still tbc, which is still is, so hung on to the ticket, and am very pleased I did, as I have Blu-Rays of this couple in Don Quixote, Nutcracker and Cinderella, there is an extra rapport between them which will make tomorrow night exciting and is a lovely compensation for Matthew Golding. The bad news is that I don't feel very well and there is a 24 hour bus strike tomorrow!

Strike has been called off. Hope you enjoy tonight!