ROH reconfiguration plans

• 2 months later...

Looking at the 'construction logistics' part of the  plans it mentions building from 2016-17 but nothing about this year. Is it actually starting this year?

Also what does it mean when it says it wants to 'glaze' the amphitheatre terrace? Does this mean it will be glassed in so you won't be able to get any air? The main purpose seems to be to cram yet more tables in for the few who can afford the expensive meals there, marginalising still more the ordinary paying public they claim they want to attract!

• Like 1

Also what does it mean when it says it wants to 'glaze' the amphitheatre terrace? Does this mean it will be glassed in so you won't be able to get any air? The main purpose seems to be to cram yet more tables in for the few who can afford the expensive meals there, marginalising still more the ordinary paying public they claim they want to attract!

Much of it, yes.  And I'll be surprised if they *don't* end up cramming in yet more tables.  

Well I shall be glad when they put a coat check in the Amphi as all that pushing and shoving in the downstairs foyer is hideous and maybe it will encourage more amphi patrons to check in their coats instead of faffing with them in the limited seat space (annoys the hell out of me as I always check mine in).

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Thought it might be useful to repeat here an update sent to FoCG.

Open Up Update
  • Hoarding has gone up in the Front of House area to allow work to begin on the building of a staircase down to the new toilets on the lower level.
  • This week we are opening a new cloakroom on the Amphitheatre level so please use this space if you have Amphitheatre tickets. Space will be limited so please assist us by avoiding bringing large items wherever possible.
  • The revolving doors on Bow Street will be shut from 22 February, so please use the Covent Garden piazza entrance for access to the Box Office.
  • The building is now unavailable for daytime events, and spaces including the Amphitheatre bar and restaurant will be closed during the day so that the complex schedule of works can be done as quickly and efficiently as possible.