September 2015 entry!

Ok I know places for 2014 are only just being confirmed but there are a couple of upcoming events parents & children who are considering applying for 2015 entry may be interested in

Hammond Whole School Open Evening -TUESDAY 13 MAY 5pm-8pm

Hammond Year 5 Taster Day - WEDNESDAY 25 JUNE Booking form here http://www.thehammondschool.co.uk/media/64670/taster_day_leaflet.pub.pdf

• Like 4

Ditto Happymum's comments above - we're actually starting to think about August/September 2016 entry.  Yes I know it's a long way off, but trying to navigate this world is just terrifying - classical v contemporary is just the tip of the iceberg.  So I read all of these posts with interest and try to build up my understanding and knoweldge of what is 'out there'.

So huge thank you to Picturesinthefirelight from me for starting this thread - feel free to keep educating the rest of us (or at least just me!). :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

The school year is ending and I'm already planning the next school year. More and more notes in my diary, a bit scary already!

And my question is: when (ish) do the vocational schools (Year 7 entry) Inform about audition dates? Will it be during summer months or not till September?

Ha happymum I was just thinking that too ;)!! I can't believe this has come round so fast it didn't seem that long ago that my dd was 5 prancing around and now it gets serious!! My dd only wants to apply for Elmhurst so not too much running around with auditions and if she doesn't get in there we are sticking with secondary school as her dance training is very good at home .

Dear all,

I am slowly starting to prepare for the auditions starting in September, as my daughter will be starting year 11 then. I have made a list of the schools, for which student loans can be applied for. I am not sure if I have them all, could you please let me know if I have missed any.

• Central
  • BTUK (possibly from Sept 2015)
  • Rambert
  • Conservatoire in Glasgow
  • Ballet West

Thank you all for your help.

• Like 2

Against all odds- like you I am gathering together same info... BTUK school not currently advertising student loans but if it was, as a private institution that can set own fees loans would be up to £6k for fees. Ballet west is also private so loans for fees up to £6k. London studio centre, which accepts from age 18 so less relevant maybe , is very clear about this on their fees info.

Dear all,

thank you very much for the info. It will be interesting to see if Hammond will offer a degree and if BTUK will sort out the student finance. A scary year ahead of us (and the DDs). May I please ask Bailarin where are you looking abroad? Is there student finance available anywhere in the EU? Thanks.

Thank you for reply re: audition dates. I guess the dates will be more or less similar to previous years (the Y7 entry). We shell know in 2 more months ish. Though I'm worried that I'm already starting to panic..... I wish it to be April 2015 already :-)

Ha happymum I was just thinking that too ;)!! I can't believe this has come round so fast it didn't seem that long ago that my dd was 5 prancing

around and now it gets serious!! My dd only

wants to apply for Elmhurst so not too much

running around with auditions and if she doesn't

get in there we are sticking with secondary

school as her dance training is very good at

home .

Yes Grumpybearzuk, I still remember my DD audition for y4 associates like it was yesterday!

She wants to audition for RBS, Elmhurst and Tring so a bit more traveling for us.

Pictures - I should add my comment about insider information was meant jokingly as I know you would never divulge confidential information and I hope I did not offend you.  News coming out of upper school via the students can be very haphazard to say the least!

• Like 2

I'll be auditioning for September 2015 entry(I'm 17)does anybody know a definite list of schools that take 18 year olds into their first year? My sister may also be auditioning for year 10:)

Edited by Guest