Elmhurst SS next Sunday

afab

Hi, I will be dropping off ds ! First ss ! He probably will be the youngest there ! So excited though ! Can't wait to have a male teacher !

How old is your DS? DD is not 14 years...

Will also be dropping dd off on Sunday. Not sure what the traffic will be like as there are major roadworks on the main carriageway through Birmingham to Elmhurst ... all the underpasses are closed for the summer. We will have to find a different route to our normal one.

If you are southbound come off M6 at junction 8 onto M5 come off at junction 2 (Oldbury) follow A4123 at the junction with A456 onto Hagley Road towards Edgbaston Turn right onto Norfolk Road then follow signs for BMI hospital and The Priory Hospital. (At the end on Somerset road if you turn right towards university instead of left towards The Priory you come out onto Bristol Road on turn right onto Bristol Roaddrive past King Edward School and Elmhurst is just down the road on the right through one set of traffic lights (keep on the inside lane). I regulary use this route and it is about the same as going to m6 junction 6 and through the tunnels in Birmingham.

Hope everyone has a safe journey and all DC enjoy your week.

• Like 3

Dropped DD also. Beautiful place! It seems very nice and we had a warm welcome...

Us balletcoers should really have a badge or something as I kept eyeing people and wondering who was who... and as usual ended up meeting no-one!  :mellow:

DD seemed happy if slightly worried when we left but lovely Scottish girls came to talk to her because she was alone and that helped a lot...

The worst drop off ever ! :( I warned ds he would be small ! He went from a confident 14 year old to a rabbit in headlights within minutes. Haven't heard from him since ! Don't know whether this is a good thing !! Thank you so much Tutugirl and your lovely ds for taking him under your wing ! It all starts at 9 ! Dd is confident he'll be fine but I'm not so sure !!!

Try not to worry, not hearing from him is a good thing! My little dd went to her first residential course over a year ago, she was just 10 and the mums of her school friends who don't dance thought I was crazy to send her, especially as it wasn't with anyone she knew. She phoned me about half an hour after I left on the first night and then never rang again all week. This was because she was too busy having fun and had become firm friend's with the other girls in her room. They were a really tight knit group by the time Friday came! I'm sure that all the lovely dc 's there will look out for him, and being younger, I bet they'll make a particular effort to look out for him, there are some really good thoughtful young people out there you know, no matter what the popular press likes to say!!

Do you get to watch.a performance at the end? I'm sure you will see straight away that he has had a great time and made some lovely friends. No news is good news x

• Like 2

Sorry to hear he had a shakey start Cotes du Rhone.  I'm sure he'll settle. My dd says that they have been grouped by age and that the younger group is comparatively large so hopefully he'll find he is with dc's in a similar situation to himself. 

Thank you for your support ! I guess I feel bad because his little dd is a full-time student there and I have never had any anxieties about her at all ! He has been so looking forward to it ! He has never had a male teacher or danced with other boys so he will learn an awful lot I am sure. It will either make him or break him ! Fingers crossed not the latter ! :)

• Like 1

Guest Autumn days

Tulte, out of interest, how large is large for the group size? 

Happy for you to post your reply on the thread about class size that I have just started so that this one doesn't get sidetracked  ;)