RB Hansel & Gretel

• 2 weeks later...

BTW, does anyone have an idea of the running time for this yet?  It must be pretty much set in stone by now, but there's nothing on the ROH website.  I'm assuming it must be quite long since they've seen fit to make it an early-start performance, something which is not common for the Linbury.

Seeing that "£15" without it being available to all-comers is almost as annoying as going onto Birmingham Hippodrome's website and thinking the BRB prices aren't so bad after all, until you realise that the bottom price shown is actually the half-price for children :(

BTW, does anyone have an idea of the running time for this yet?  It must be pretty much set in stone by now, but there's nothing on the ROH website.  I'm assuming it must be quite long since they've seen fit to make it an early-start performance, something which is not common for the Linbury.

About 1 hour 40 minutes with one interval. Don't know if the running time includes the interval.

Sorry, just realised: this is part of my earlier moan about not being able to make the Saturday evening performance (the only one for which I've had an opportunity of getting a ticket) because of a combination of work-related events out of town and one-off engineering works on the line back in turning what should have been way less than an hour's journey into 1 1/2.  Just in case that wasn't clear, which I suspect it wasn't :).

We've known since mid-March that the music is a commissioned score by Dan Jones, who is known for his film scores. You can hear the begining here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/theatre/dance/9927513/Hansel-and-Gretel-first-dance-rehearsal.html

I looked Dan Jones up on the Internet and found he composed the soundtrack for Shadow of the Vampire, I have the DVD of this and find the music very evocative and mesmerising, sounds very exciting,