Yorkshire Ballet Seminars (YBS) 2024

BarbaraH

Good afternoon,

My daughter auditioned for the ybs spring. On the form it mentioned that we would hear back by the 22nd of January. Are they always on time? Or are they sometimes earlier/later? Just to know when to check my emails. Thanks!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Jmsix said:

Hi:  Does anyone know if there is a shuttle from Manchester for international students?  If not, is it an easy commute for a 15 year old to navigate?

It would be a train from Manchester airport to Harrogate with 2 changes. Where are you flying in from? Leeds airport is closer if you can fly into there? 

19 minutes ago, Jmsix said:

Hi:  Does anyone know if there is a shuttle from Manchester for international students?  If not, is it an easy commute for a 15 year old to navigate?

Hello @Jmsix and welcome to the Forum!

I assume you mean on arrival?  

The train from Manchester Airport takes around 2 1/2 to 3 hours and include a change at Leeds and possibly at Manchester Piccadilly.  The railway station in Harrogate is nearly 2 miles from the college so probably requires a taxi ride.

4 minutes ago, Adagio123 said:

It would be a train from Manchester airport to Harrogate with 2 changes. Where are you flying in from? Leeds airport is closer if you can fly into there? 

You can get a bus from Leeds/Bradford Airport to Harrogate.  It takes just over half an hour but then you would need another bus or taxi to the college.

5 minutes ago, Jan McNulty said:

You can get a bus from Leeds/Bradford Airport to Harrogate.  It takes just over half an hour but then you would need another bus or taxi to the college.

Yes or a taxi would be about 30 minutes

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My dc has just been offered a place on the spring residential. Only applied last week as new to this and missed the deadline so expected to be wait listed at best. To those who have been before, did your dc enjoy it as it is a lot of money (for us) and want to be sure before we accept the place. Thanks 

6 hours ago, Dancenewbie said:

My dc has just been offered a place on the spring residential. Only applied last week as new to this and missed the deadline so expected to be wait listed at best. To those who have been before, did your dc enjoy it as it is a lot of money (for us) and want to be sure before we accept the place. Thanks 

My DD has been 3 times now. She loves it. 

• Thanks 1

We have been sending two students to them for some years now to the summer course and every student has loved the courses.  I've also watched myself a few times when they were in York.  Excellent course and very high standard of participants.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

My DD has been offered 2 weeks - but non-consecutive ones 🤔 Can this actually happen? I can’t remember what we applied for but I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have chosen two weeks separated by a week in between.  I think we also only applied for one week as DD has offers elsewhere and we’ve had to consider dates carefully. And one week anywhere is usually enough for her.