Europaballet summer schools/summer schools for 6 year old

Bondmum

For age 6 by ‘intensive’ I am guessing you perhaps rather mean seeking additional fun workshops? Lots of local theatres will often offer a fun family workshop event linked to a dance performance… pretty sure the ROH offer events suitable for a six year old linked to Nutcracker…& possibly so too do BRB, ENB & Northern….

RAD, BBO (& possibly RBS now with their new affiliate initiative & primary steps)  also may hold workshops for the younger dancer too.

Edited by Peanut68
  • Like 2

Not sure many places would offer ballet ‘intensives’ to 6 year olds. If anything, they will most likely be half day (max) workshop type events with mixed dance genres or ballet mixed with performing some themed choreo or presentation. My DD’s first experience of something similar was when she was 7 and attended the Tring Park Junior Christmas Day of dance. It was a lovely festive day for her, not too intensive but they did have great ballet classes and they had a little show for the parents at the end. However, even that is from 7 years old. I do know that Masters of Ballet in London do a summer intensive for younger ones but I’m not sure what age from. My DD was again around 7/8 years old when she did this but because they’re very young, their group’s ‘intensive’ was only 2 hours a day for 5/6 days, culminating in a presentation show at Sadler’s Wells. I think at 7, she was in the “Foundation” group but they might have changed the name of their groups and levels now as this was a good few years ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 16/11/2023 at 22:16, Peanut68 said:

For age 6 by ‘intensive’ I am guessing you perhaps rather mean seeking additional fun workshops? Lots of local theatres will often offer a fun family workshop event linked to a dance performance… pretty sure the ROH offer events suitable for a six year old linked to Nutcracker…& possibly so too do BRB, ENB & Northern….

RAD, BBO (& possibly RBS now with their new affiliate initiative & primary steps)  also may hold workshops for the younger dancer too.

Ah yes, perhaps I used the wrong word for this question …. Workshop is what I meant 😊 New to all this x 

Thank you for the info 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hello Bondmum

Workshops/summer course for a 6yr old will be hard to find! 
Unless your own dance school does one for this age (I’ve done a morning one for my little ones - which went down well) the only one I can think of is Pineapple Dance, London! Or West End Workshops do various courses around the country. My dd did this where we are in north wales many years ago, she loved them but they were only a morning and not a full day for that age. Thought about Pineapple but with cost of accommodation too, gave that one a miss!

Usually the bigger summer schools don’t take til about 9yrs.

Good luck 🍀

• Like 1

• Anna C changed the title to Europaballet summer schools/summer schools for 6 year old

@Bondmum Good morning.  We don’t allow members to post multiple threads on the same subject, so I have merged your three threads together here.  Please post questions about summer schools for your 6 year old on this thread from now on.  

Many thanks,

Anna C

• Like 1

On 18/01/2024 at 09:39, Dancing unicorn said:

Hello Bondmum

Workshops/summer course for a 6yr old will be hard to find! 
Unless your own dance school does one for this age (I’ve done a morning one for my little ones - which went down well) the only one I can think of is Pineapple Dance, London! Or West End Workshops do various courses around the country. My dd did this where we are in north wales many years ago, she loved them but they were only a morning and not a full day for that age. Thought about Pineapple but with cost of accommodation too, gave that one a miss!

Usually the bigger summer schools don’t take til about 9yrs.

Good luck 🍀

Thank you for this information. This is very helpful. 😃