Royal Ballet Junior Associate Starters 2023

Tendu_mum

Hello everyone, I thought I’d start a new thread for everyone who’s child got offered a place in the Royal Ballet school Junior Associates starting September 2023!

I thought it would be useful when we all first start out on this journey to discuss dates, groups, uniform, first days etc, and how they’re getting on during their first term and onwards.

Congrats to everyone, it really is very exciting! 🩰 

• Like 4

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, congratulations on all of the above. My Daughter has been put on the wait list for the centre we wanted and has been offered the online JA programme does anyone know anything about the online ? Also the chances of coming off the waiting list ?

many thanks.

Hello,

My daughter has just been accepted onto the y6 associates program in Leeds. Completely unexpected to be honest. We just went along for the audition experience as she’s never had an audition before. 
Even though I have been a dance mum for 10 years we have no experience with an associate program so a complete newbie. 
I do feel that the information is rather vague from the school regarding dates/ times/ how often ect and just wondered if anyone knew. 
We live around 80 miles away and it’s a huge commitment for us so before I accept I just wondered if anyone could help advise. thank you in advance x

16 hours ago, Threeballerinas said:

Hello,

My daughter has just been accepted onto the y6 associates program in Leeds. Completely unexpected to be honest. We just went along for the audition experience as she’s never had an audition before. 
Even though I have been a dance mum for 10 years we have no experience with an associate program so a complete newbie. 
I do feel that the information is rather vague from the school regarding dates/ times/ how often ect and just wondered if anyone knew. 
We live around 80 miles away and it’s a huge commitment for us so before I accept I just wondered if anyone could help advise. thank you in advance x

Congratulations to your DD.
Unless RBS decide to change the times, the Year 4&5 JA class in Leeds are 12.15-2.30pm and the Year 6 class is 9.30-11.45

Edited by Adagio123

Hi my DD has just been offered a yr 4 place at the Eastleigh centre. She was on the short wait list with the offer online programme, so I am beyond excited that a place has become available for her and can't wait to pick up her from school to break the news. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, PowderPink said:

Does anyone know what time the Y5 London JA class is?

I don’t know how much detail should be shared in the public domain so I won’t be specific, but I believe it will be afternoon. Hope that helps until you get sent your timetable.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DanceMum82 said:

Hi my DD has just been offered a yr 4 place at the Eastleigh centre. She was on the short wait list with the offer online programme, so I am beyond excited that a place has become available for her and can't wait to pick up her from school to break the news. 

And she’ll have the most amazing teacher and experience in Eastleigh - congratulations!

2 hours ago, Adagio123 said:

Congratulations to your DD.
Unless RBS decide to change the times, the Year 4&5 JA class in Leeds are 12.15-2.30pm and the Year 6 class is 9.30-11.45

Thank you. Is this every week or fortnightly. I have emailed but their reply was the info would be sent out shortly. I can’t accept without the information though 😂

3 minutes ago, Laura Armitage said:

Hell my son Leo has a year 5 place in Leeds. So exciting for us all. Does anyone have an idea of the times of the year 5 Leeds classes please? 

Congrats. Its 12.15 to 2.30 unless the change it this year

• Thanks 1

Thank you. I don't suppose you've any idea when they will let us know? I don't want to be a pain, I just need to let his current dance school know so she can adjust her timetable. I'm guessing they are super busy waiting on replies of acceptance. 

Edited by Jan McNulty
Edited to remove information that could identify child

11 minutes ago, Laura Armitage said:

Thank you. I don't suppose you've any idea when they will let us know? I don't want to be a pain, I just need to let his current dance school know so she can adjust her timetable for Leo. I'm guessing they are super busy waiting on replies of acceptance. 

We are the same, really hoping she’ll be able to continue with her current dance classes as well! I wonder whether it’ll be next week we find out, once they’ve sorted the swl places. 

• Like 1