Royal Ballet Junior Associate Starters 2023

Tendu_mum

On 24/07/2023 at 12:12, PowderPink said:

Are you buying socks or convertible tights?

I’ll be buying some new socks but not from Express dance. The Y6 JA’s its states they have to wear tights but not for Y5. 
I’m not buying the ballet shoes as my daughter hates the full sole, so we’ll see if she can wear those in class before buying any! 
We had to send the leotard back as they come up small. My daughter is 9 nearly 10 and the 10-11 was too tight for her. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope it’s ok to post this here - For sale - two new style JA leotards and belts in very good condition with no marks or damage- age 7-8 and 9-10. These are last years model so come up large - the 7-8 fit my 11 year old petite dancer perfectly (she’s 140cm). Also character skirt in very good condition,

waist 52cm, length 47cm. Happy to sell whole bundle for £30 including postage or separately if preferred at £10 per leotard and £15 for the skirt. Message me for photos. 

22 hours ago, RachH said:

Hope it’s ok to post this here - For sale - two new style JA leotards and belts in very good condition with no marks or damage- age 7-8 and 9-10. These are last years model so come up large - the 7-8 fit my 11 year old petite dancer perfectly (she’s 140cm). Also character skirt in very good condition,

waist 52cm, length 47cm. Happy to sell whole bundle for £30 including postage or separately if preferred at £10 per leotard and £15 for the skirt. Message me for photos. 

Are the leotards still available please?

Has anyone sent in the school reports to the class teacher yet? I think I’m going have to take a photo and email the report. Almost forgot and the deadline is 01/08/2023. Just thought I’d give everyone else a reminder in case you’re like me and leave everything last minute🙈

11 minutes ago, Tania.H said:

Has anyone sent in the school reports to the class teacher yet? I think I’m going have to take a photo and email the report. Almost forgot and the deadline is 01/08/2023. Just thought I’d give everyone else a reminder in case you’re like me and leave everything last minute🙈

Oh blimey!! Thank you! I’d completely forgotten! We go on holiday tomorrow, so I better do it in the morning, as if I haven’t got enough to do 🤦🏼‍♀️

On 26/07/2023 at 14:07, Darcy1206 said:

I need to buy the leotard, my daughter is currently in a size 1 and is 135cm tall. How would this compare with your daughter @Tendu_mum as a gauge for sizing? Thank you 

My daughter is 138cm and wears size 2 leotards. The 11-12 did just about fit her but was tight and definitely wouldn’t have lasted 2 years. 

• 5 weeks later...
Hi, I questioned about the ballet shoes as the shoes I got don’t fit..3 pairs, so I sent the teacher an email about needing full soles shoes…this is the reply I got. So they will allow split soled shoes..
Thank you for your email.
Rbs do prefer full sole, but I know they are harder to find ones that fit well. Use the ones from your local ballet school 

On 03/09/2023 at 19:08, Balletfriends said:

Hello, we received an email from the dance teacher this week asking to buy some bits including a resistance band, does anyone know what strength to get? There are a few different ones.

thanks 

I had an email from the teacher to get a red resistance band with the link to the shop and discount. If you email your teacher I am sure they would send you a link. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tania.H said:

I had an email from the teacher to get a red resistance band with the link to the shop and discount. If you email your teacher I am sure they would send you a link. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Meglio-Latex-Exercise-Pilates-Physio/dp/B071YDKR6Z/ref=asc_df_B071YDKR6Z/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=205160974284&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14429841060866022441&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007091&hvtargid=pla-420849768360&th=1&psc=1

It's cheaper to get the band from Amazon.  Delivery from the RBS place is extortionate.