RIP Lindsay Bartrop-White, 'Grey Rabbit'

Sim

We are sad to inform you of the passing, after a short illness, of Lindsay Bartrop-White. 

Lindsay was one of the very early members of ballet.co.uk, and posted as Grey Rabbit.  Until a few years ago, she and her husband Keith (‘Minder’) were regular attendees at the Royal Opera House, and used to post here on the forum as well.

Lindsay was a very colourful character, intelligent and with a wonderful sense of humour.  We all laughed a lot with her, whether at the early ballet.co.uk dinners, the BA dinners, or during the intervals at the ROH. 

Her early contributions to the forum and its predecessor were always perceptive and interesting, and we are very grateful for them. 

On behalf of the BalletcoForum community, we send our deepest condolences to Keith, and to all of Lindsay’s family and friends. 

• Like 8

Dearest Lindsay

i am so sad and shocked to hear of your passing. The fact that it was Mara who told me says everything about your connection with ballet and ballet dancers. I loved your taste in handbags and glad rags. Lindsay you were a unique free spirit who loved travelling and sailing. You will be missed very much. Sincere condolences and a huge hug to Keith.

With love

Mandy Kent 

• Like 5

I didn't know Lindsay well but she and Keith were always a friendly part of the old ballet.co.uk community. I still have a postcard somehere that she sent me along with a book or DVD; a lovely Ballets Russes costume design reproduction that I had on my teenage bedroom wall. A few years ago I bought a standing ticket from them from this forum and when they handed it over they remembered me from the old days and we had a lovely chat. I've since been Facebook friends with both of them and enjoyed following their updates from lives well lived and full of travel and culture. More recently it was clear Lindsay wasn't getting out and about as much but it was still a shock to hear the news on Monday. My sincerest condolences to Keith.

Edited by RHowarth
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...