Accommodation for Day pupil for RBS summer intensive senior boys, please help

Boys_can_dance

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions for hostel or cheaper hotels/B&B that might be suitable and not far away from Covent Garden’s, maybe with other participants staying? Or does someone want to share an AirBnB?  First 2weeks. Thanks 🙏 Anja

Edited by Boys_can_dance
Forgot to add when!

On 27/04/2023 at 16:31, Jewel said:

My daughter stayed in a YHA hostel in central London and it was perfectly safe etc.  Not sure she's have wanted to be there for two weeks though, the bed was not the comfiest.

Yeah, not too worried about safety, as boy. I’m more concerned about not being too far away, as that would be excluding him from many evening activities. I’ve had a look at the YHAs around London, and they’re expensive!😮

I'm not sure *anything* in London isn't expensive these days (she says, having found out yesterday that a 3-week stay in a local 2-bed AirBnB would cost £3500!) :(  You should hear the tales told by Forum members travelling down to London for performances!

On 25/04/2023 at 13:40, Boys_can_dance said:

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions for hostel or cheaper hotels/B&B that might be suitable and not far away from Covent Garden’s, maybe with other participants staying? Or does someone want to share an AirBnB?  First 2weeks. Thanks 🙏 Anja

How cheap is cheap? Travellodge Farringdon? Royal Scot? Got a reasonable (for London!) price for a week in July in one of those. 

43 minutes ago, alison said:

I'm not sure *anything* in London isn't expensive these days (she says, having found out yesterday that a 3-week stay in a local 2-bed AirBnB would cost £3500!) :(  You should hear the tales told by Forum members travelling down to London for performances!

The joy of living in Dublin is that it makes London, Paris and New York all seem affordable. <sigh>

I seem to recall that ENBS had a deal with a hotel that looked budget but perfectly acceptable that I think was on Fulham Road (near Fulham Broadway certainly). Might be worth looking on their website (or calling) for their SI accommodation recommendations….

Also, make most of points/rewards schemes that can often give big discounts or earn enough points from a couple of week stay for a couple of free nights! 
Hotels.com reward nights have been used for many a dance stay….!!

We live about 25 mins with direct bus (# 1 or # 172) or 10 mins drive from Covent Garden and I used to host young dancers for summer. The question will be if my daughter will be at home as it's her room we used to let out while she was overseas. I would not know until uncomfortably late for you I guess. 
Look out maybe for home stay's, my DD used to travel and stay with local families all over the world. 
We are both DBS checked (hubby teacher) for peace of mind.

Edited by FlexyNexy
spelling error
  • Like 1