RBS Junior Associates 2023

AllAboutTheJourney

10 minutes ago, DanceMum82 said:

I have received an email this morning for my DD as a place has become available and she's been offered a space for sept. I'm beyond excited for her and can't wait to pick her up from school to break the news 💞

Omg that’s amazing!!!! What base for? Xxx

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Danziwozza said:

What an absolute dream come true! Your emotions must be all over the place xxx my daughter got Manchester xxx

I've only just stopped shaking 🤣 I never thought a place would become available! I can't wait to tell her, gking to do a video reveal 😍 xx

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DanceMum82 said:

I've only just stopped shaking 🤣 I never thought a place would become available! I can't wait to tell her, gking to do a video reveal 😍 xx

Fantastic news! Your DD will be so happy! A very happy Friday indeed! 😃

Don’t forget to join the RBS New started thread! 🎉 

12 minutes ago, DanceMum82 said:

Eastleigh centre x

9 minutes ago, DanceMum82 said:

Awwwww I did one for my little angel… she burst out crying! It was really sweet! Oh I’m so so happy for you!!!! Best news ever xxxx

13 minutes ago, DanceMum82 said:

Iv just told my friend your dream news and her daughter is also on the waiting list! Did your daughter get offered the online program originally and do you know if all waitlist get offered that? Xxx

• Like 1

Congratulations to everyone who got a yes and waitlisted place. It is a very special program. To anyone who received a no, my daughter applied in 2020 for a year 4 place. Results came out Oct and she received a no. Fast forward to Feb 21 and she applied for a Year 5 place and then got a yes. She was only one of two to make it to White Lodge finals so dont give up hope. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Danziwozza said:

Iv just told my friend your dream news and her daughter is also on the waiting list! Did your daughter get offered the online program originally and do you know if all waitlist get offered that? Xxx

Yes she was offered the online programme originally. I don't think all get offered the online, only going by a friends daughter who didn't when she was on the short wait list. That was 3 years ago now though, so it may have changed. Xx

I have 2 pupils on the waiting list for Leeds . Does anyone know the approx cost for the online lessons which they have been offered ? There is no mention of cost in the email , and a deadline to accept the place .

thank you 

44 minutes ago, tutugirl said:

I have 2 pupils on the waiting list for Leeds . Does anyone know the approx cost for the online lessons which they have been offered ? There is no mention of cost in the email , and a deadline to accept the place .

thank you 

I've been wondering the same and asked the question around but not heard anything- so I've asked on the old 'starting JAs' thread from last year to see if anyone went through the online JAs on there and knows what the cost was! If I find out I'll try and reply here. Seems weird there is no mention of a cost! They did say there would be more information in July- so assuming it will come out then perhaps.

1 hour ago, kimsballet said:

I've been wondering the same and asked the question around but not heard anything- so I've asked on the old 'starting JAs' thread from last year to see if anyone went through the online JAs on there and knows what the cost was! If I find out I'll try and reply here. Seems weird there is no mention of a cost! They did say there would be more information in July- so assuming it will come out then perhaps.

Just looked back and in 2020 when ur first started , the cost was £160 

• Thanks 1

On 20/06/2023 at 11:44, Dancebug said:

How many places are available against how many audition! JA across all centres

I think the RBS website says around 10-15% of those that audition are offered a place x

• 2 weeks later...

Hi not sure if this is the right place to post but I’m hoping someone can help - I have just got the dates through for royal ballet online junior associates and noticed there are quite a few clashes with Ballet boost which my daughter has also been accepted to start in September. Which one would you go for and why? I’m just trying to weigh up what is best and am a complete newbie to this auditioning! She also got into Elmhurst young dancers but we don’t have a clash there so that one is ok. Thanks! 

While I think the online RBS JA programme is great, I would tend to prioritise in-person classes if you are able to get to them relatively easily. I have no direct experience of Ballet Boost but people seem to rate it highly. 

Having said that, if your DD is very keen to try again for RBS JA's next year then the online RBS course could be beneficial. 

How many of the online RBS sessions would you miss if she did both? 

• Thanks 1

She would miss 8 of 12 online classes if she did both so i don’t think it would be one or the other.  She would definitely be trying again next year for JA, and I do understand there is that prestigious element to Royal ballet but I don’t want that to be the deciding factor if that makes sense. 

9 hours ago, Sofiadance12345 said:

Hi not sure if this is the right place to post but I’m hoping someone can help - I have just got the dates through for royal ballet online junior associates and noticed there are quite a few clashes with Ballet boost which my daughter has also been accepted to start in September. Which one would you go for and why? I’m just trying to weigh up what is best and am a complete newbie to this auditioning! She also got into Elmhurst young dancers but we don’t have a clash there so that one is ok. Thanks! 

Hi there,

I have the same here with my daughter,

we have emailed ballet boost and she will be starting in Feb after half term so she can do all of the JA online.

they have been very accommodating and like you really would like face to face at her age but if she wants to audition for royal next year then I feel the online course will do her well. Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

My daughter really enjoyed the online associates in year 5 - and I think it definitely helped her to be successful in her audition for JAs in year 6. They do get individual corrections and I do suspect that they may get ‘noticed’ during the classes, although can’t be sure of that! We made a real effort for my daughter to be present for the vast majority of classes (she had to miss a couple for ballet exams etc).

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, RachH said:

My daughter really enjoyed the online associates in year 5 - and I think it definitely helped her to be successful in her audition for JAs in year 6. They do get individual corrections and I do suspect that they may get ‘noticed’ during the classes, although can’t be sure of that! We made a real effort for my daughter to be present for the vast majority of classes (she had to miss a couple for ballet exams etc).

Really helpful thank you!

How does it work in terms of attendance- is it OK to miss a few, or is it the kind of thing they really frown upon and you need to message in advance to say which they won't be attending etc? Thank you!

2 minutes ago, AllAboutTheJourney said:

It’s fine to miss a small number I would say - but yes you need to email in advance and say they will be absent. We missed 2 online classes due to a clash with another associate scheme and then another one from illness and they seemed absolutely fine with that as long as we explained it. 

Perfect thank you! 

On 13/07/2023 at 11:30, Sofiadance12345 said:

My daughter opted to not do the online JA in Year 4. She prioritized an in person class at her normal dance school. She got into RBS as a Year 5 JA. One of her friends did the same. Some people advised us to do the online class to increase her chances for an eventual place but despite not doing that, she still got in. She also has a friend who did the online, but did not get a place subsequently. So this all varies. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Online Junior Associates
Has anyone else heard which class they will be doing time wise? I just wondered how many people might be in each class/ if they are age grouped! I'm not sure whether there would be that much movement from the short waiting list now into in-person Associates- assuming most people have accepted and paid by now? So guessing they're pretty much fixed at this stage. My daughter, who will be a young Year 5, is in the 9am class (purple).
Also I noticed in the handbook that they have the Associates hoody uniform, which is nice!

• 1 month later...

Just thought I would provide feedback on the online junior associates class,  as I couldn’t find much information before my daughter started. I thought the class was really good, well organised (obviously a few glitches but nothing more than you would expect from zoom), teacher was lovely, informative, appropriate exercises, good interaction, the teacher did seem to be checking each girl and most importantly my daughter enjoyed it. I’m glad that we signed up for the online class. Hope everyone else had the same positive experience!

• Like 2

I'm glad they enjoyed it - I wasn't sure what to expect from the online class and was in two minds about accepting it (we were offered it last year as an alternative when we withdrew from the JA programme) but found it to be well worth it and my DC really enjoyed it. 

I would agree, the content is almost exactly the same as the in-person classes and the groups were small enough for individual corrections which was great. 

Hope everyone else who has started JAs either online or in person this year has had a good start to the year. 

• Like 1

Agree! My daughter is on the 9am Online Associates class- about 20 or so children. It seemed really organised and although obviously not as good as being in a studio, they really made the most of it and still gave corrections / feedback etc where they could, and my daughter enjoyed it! The teacher was really lovely too, which really made it.

Edited by kimsballet
  • Like 1