RBS Junior Associates 2023

AllAboutTheJourney

10 hours ago, kimsballet said:

I hope everyone's children have been enjoying their experiences so far and had fun!

I just wondered if anyone knew why they take so few children for the Associate programme in each place?- it's seems like around a handful at most/ one class worth? I understand there needs to be exclusivity to it, but it seems for a JA level especially there could easily be several classes a day or something on a Saturday (different teachers maybe) as it's all being paid for by each child that goes? (So not as if they are losing money at each class or anything I don't imagine?- in fact surely it is a great way of making money to fund other things higher up the chain!) It just got me wondering that's all- maybe it is the exclusivity and they only want a handful of kids to go through it in each place. Interesting though, especially as there is evidently so much interest around the UK!

in our centre, there was a year 4/5 class, a year 6 class girls, and then a boys class, plus the mids classes (2 classes), and each one is over 2 hours, there is only time/studio space/teacher availability for one class per age group. They keep them small so that they can be offered individual corrections I guess. I think they might have offered around 8 year 6 girls places the year my DD got in (although this was the year after covid when they hadn’t taken many the year before). 

The selection criteria is pretty specific (physical attributes, technique, that certain ‘something’ etc). It took my DD 2 attempts to get a place. Children realise their potential at different ages so absolutely just keep trying if you don’t get in (if they want to that is)! 

• Thanks 1

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How did everyone get on? I hope everyone enjoyed it! Was today in London the last auditions? Or is there another?

My daughter really loved the experience! And thank you for the tip on the socks for those who suggested the tights style socks!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kimsballet said:

How did everyone get on? I hope everyone enjoyed it! Was today in London the last auditions? Or is there another?

My daughter really loved the experience! And thank you for the tip on the socks for those who suggested the tights style socks!

Glad she had a good experience and the socks worked well!

I think there is one more day in London tomorrow then a few weeks' wait until the results at start of July (I think? sure I read that somewhere at some stage)

• Like 1

On 01/06/2023 at 14:53, AllAboutTheJourney said:

Has your DC had their audition now @Tendu_mum? Hope it went well if so and they had good fun!

Yes she had her audition yesterday and loved it! Funny she said they didn’t seem to do much ballet and a lot was mainly just getting into different positions. But she came out buzzing and we made it a fun day out!

Hope everyone else’s went ok? 

So that must be it for the auditions, now we all just wait for the results!

The lady in the panel said end of June beginning of July but from what I’ve seen from other posts and people in previous years it’s been the second week of June so 🤞🤞 it’s then. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Tendu_mum said:

Yes she had her audition yesterday and loved it! Funny she said they didn’t seem to do much ballet and a lot was mainly just getting into different positions. But she came out buzzing and we made it a fun day out!

Hope everyone else’s went ok? 

So that must be it for the auditions, now we all just wait for the results!

The lady in the panel said end of June beginning of July but from what I’ve seen from other posts and people in previous years it’s been the second week of June so 🤞🤞 it’s then. 

Yes! My daughter said the same for Wednesday. They mostly stood in different positions and did some stretching, and then pretended to be snowflakes whilst sitting down. Really interesting! She equally came out buzzing though- so it's brilliant they had a fun experience!

Edited by kimsballet
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sunrise81 said:

Did they mention about when results would.come.out.......been a month nearly since dd did hers!!!

They said to us this week that it would likely be the first week or two of July, at a push end of June - if I remember rightly! So I'm assuming another month ish! 

Edited by kimsballet
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In previous years it’s been the 15th June. This year I know we have all been told the end of June beginning of July but again, that’s what people were told last year, apparently. 

Not that I want to get everyone’s hopes up, but anyone else want to join me in obsessively checking their emails on Thursday? 🤣🤣

• Like 1

My pupil has applied for JAs (in Eastleigh) and Tring CBA. She loved both auditions but actually enjoyed Tring the most. She's a beautiful little dancer with an incredible brain, but limited turn-out which I think will be her downfall 😞 Both sets of results could come any day now...as well as her Grade 2 ballet exam result...!

• Like 2

I’m trying to find the list of audition dates they had on the RBS website but they’ve been removed now. I thought they may be doing it in date order of each centre, so London would be last. 

I’ve actually got a nervous tummy now!  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tendu_mum said:

I’m trying to find the list of audition dates they had on the RBS website but they’ve been removed now. I thought they may be doing it in date order of each centre, so London would be last. 

I’ve actually got a nervous tummy now!  

Ha ha, yes I just did the same - I think it is order of centre as usual though as Newcastle have heard too and that was another early one...! 

But it does sound like the results are coming out faster than previously, it used to be spread out over a few days but if Newcastle, Leeds and Manchester have all heard today...... 

• Like 1

On 10/03/2023 at 16:48, MissEmily said:

@Ballet_dancer2020 A big YES! My (ex- and now very happily at full-time vocational ballet school) pupil got straight nos for JAs for Years 4 and 5 and a straight yes for Year 6. At her centre (Eastleigh) there's a separate class for Year 6s, so a few more spaces are available for entry in that year. She was chosen for some amazing opportunities during her year there, including being the only girl asked to demonstrate for a talk their teacher was giving, so there was no feeling of her being the underdog either, although she had a lot of catching up to do. Go for it, as @AllAboutTheJourneysaid, the audition is a wonderful experience in itself.

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to @MissEmily and @AllAboutTheJourney for your encouragement at the start. I very nearly didn't put my DD application in as she'd been rejected before and I didn't think there would likely be any places available. She's just had very happy news so thank you both so much  for your encouragement. I hope you've had good news too if you are waiting x

• Like 4

Huge well done to all with yeses!! We got a short waiting list and online associates place- I'm really thrilled for her for a first go! No idea what it means though really 😆 Guessing a short waiting list never really end up getting a place?

Edited by kimsballet
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sofiadance12345 said:

We have just got an email for Manchester - my daughter made the short waiting list. Good look everyone else!

Us too!- but for Birmingham. Any idea how many people go on waiting lists? I wonder how short is short?!

Good luck to everyone waiting for results! Does anyone know where the JA classes are held in London? Is it at the RBS in Richmond or at Covent Garden? Are the classes on a Saturday and does anyone know what time the class is? Many thanks!

2 minutes ago, Sofiadance12345 said:

I have no idea tbh about the short waiting list! It’s the first year we have applied so I was hoping someone else might know more about the process. We had no expectations so this is a bonus anyway 🙂

Exactly the same as us- we had no expectations and just went for a fabulous experience, so am thrilled whatever happens really!

Would be great if anyone knows the process and what it actually means!