Yesterday I saw the sad news spread on instagram by dancers, that Denis Vieira has passed away. He was 31 years old. 😢

His mother stated in a brief comment:

"We are respecting the work of the police and the forensics. At first it was a tragedy, an accident at home. But I will wait to see all the work of the authorities. We have to wait! The pain is eating me up."

Source:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/g1.globo.com/google/amp/sc/santa-catarina/noticia/2022/12/30/bailarino-catarinense-formado-pelo-bolshoi-morre-aos-31-anos.ghtml

Biography from the Northern Ballet website, where he was supposed to dance soon:

Denis is from Brazil and trained at the Bolshoi Ballet School. He joined Zurich Ballet as a soloist in 2014 before joining the Staatsballett Berlin in 2016 and Bayerisches Staatsballett Müenchen in 2019. He has performed in Alexey Ratmansky’s Swan Lake, Christian Spuck’s Romeo and Juliet, Roland Petit’s Coppelia and Kairos by Wayne McGregor. He joins Northern Ballet in 2022.

3 hours ago, FionaE said:

Tribute from Münich

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnEtyRyOo2T/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I am surprised not to have heard anything from Northern Ballet (or did I miss it 🤔 ). They have removed him from their list of dancers.  

Denis only had a short term contract with NB during Covid and, because if circumstances at the time, did not actually have the opportunity to perform with the company.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Jan McNulty said:

Denis only had a short term contract with NB during Covid and, because if circumstances at the time, did not actually have the opportunity to perform with the company.

thank you for the explanation 🙏

On 06/01/2023 at 16:08, Jan McNulty said:

though that doesn’t explain why he was still listed on their website as a dancer with photo and bio until a few days after his death.  

6 hours ago, FionaE said:

though that doesn’t explain why he was still listed on their website as a dancer with photo and bio until a few days after his death.  

He hasn’t been listed on the website since his contract ended over a year ago but general searches can bring up archived pages.

12 hours ago, Jan McNulty said:

He hasn’t been listed on the website since his contract ended over a year ago but general searches can bring up archived pages.

I searched Northern Ballet's website for the first time after I heard of his passing, and he was still listed. Can't say precisely but it was 2 or 3 days after the sad news.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sabine0308 said:

I searched Northern Ballet's website for the first time after I heard of his passing, and he was still listed. Can't say precisely but it was 2 or 3 days after the sad news.

Can you please provide a link?

Denis Vieira has not been listed on the Company Dancers page since his contract ended some time ago.