View from Royal Opera House Balcony Standing B73

4 minutes ago, Angela Essex said:

@Bluebird thank you ☺️ I think I’ll leave it. Wanted to see the scenes de ballet triple bill matinee on 23rd April but all decent cheap seats are gone 😭 and it’s only the first day of public booking. Thought I’d got in early too 😭😭😭

Do keep checking back, or maybe try for Friday Rush tickets? Hope you do get to see it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bridiem said:

Do keep checking back, or maybe try for Friday Rush tickets? Hope you do get to see it.

Thanks for the tips Bridiem - I’ve never seen it before so fingers crossed. That’s the only day I can easily do too, so I’m hoping I’ll be lucky. I’m supposing all the cheap balcony seats, SCS and reasonably priced front-ish of amphi get snapped up during the friends booking phase hence why there’s not much left in my price range now.

I've just checked back on my past history on the ROH booking site, and I had B4 once for Bolshoi Don Q, which I think might be the equivalent on the other side. Pretty bad view- I remember the ballerina doing her 32 fouettes and I could only see her foot poking out every now and again as her leg whipped to the side!  

Edited by RHowarth
  • Thanks 1

• alison changed the title to View from Royal Opera House Balcony Standing B73
On 22/02/2022 at 21:53, Angela Essex said:

@Bluebird thank you ☺️ I think I’ll leave it. Wanted to see the scenes de ballet triple bill matinee on 23rd April but all decent cheap seats are gone 😭 and it’s only the first day of public booking. Thought I’d got in early too 😭😭😭

Oh I so want to see this...bit will not know until nearer the time which date I could make...

If it’s selling so well on day 1 of public booking then surely that days pytvib more performances??? I do think that RB sometimes are not sleek of food enough - in the admin & timetabling front! 

On 22/02/2022 at 22:05, Angela Essex said:

Thanks for the tips Bridiem - I’ve never seen it before so fingers crossed. That’s the only day I can easily do too, so I’m hoping I’ll be lucky. I’m supposing all the cheap balcony seats, SCS and reasonably priced front-ish of amphi get snapped up during the friends booking phase hence why there’s not much left in my price range now.

Some of Balcony Standing is reserved for Friday Rush, including D31 which has a full view, and D30 which is behind a pillar but can be stepped aside from for a good view.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Variable ones.  Sometimes good, sometimes bad - all depends on who's sitting in the rows in front, and in the case of the loose seats in row B, where they are.  Probably not great if you're not particularly tall.

It looks as if the people in front have a full view so wouldn't have any valid reason to lean forward/move around. Can you angle yourself on the high stools on row C or angle the seats at all? I'm not tall, but also don't mind about lack of comfort...It also seems appealing in row C to have no-one behind, as at least you can move your own head around too, presumably, if the person in front is doing the same- without having to worry about ruining it for the person behind? 

You'd think they'd have a full view in row B, but I "borrowed" someone's seat to try it out recently, and it turns out it's not always as clear-cut as that.  You can angle the stools - if the others leave you enough room (there might be a wheelchair in front which may affect things) - but you may find that once you've done it the person in front of you does the same ...

• Thanks 1

On 22/02/2022 at 21:38, Bluebird said:

Here's the link to the view from Balcony Standing B73:

http://d33ex4wp0jsts.cloudfront.net/venues/main-stage/level-3-balcony-3e/b-73-stage-view-1280x853.jpg

From this photo, the view does appear to be very restricted.  Perhaps somebody who has actually stood there could confirm?

May I ask how did you find that photo of vew from Balcony B73?  Are the views from all the seats available?  Seems very useful.  I couldn't find views from the seats on the ROH website.  

40 minutes ago, Henry said:

May I ask how did you find that photo of vew from Balcony B73?  Are the views from all the seats available?  Seems very useful.  I couldn't find views from the seats on the ROH website.  

By using Saodan’s method. 

Ignore the above attempt to give you the link (I'm unable to delete it)

This link should work better:

https://www.balletcoforum.com/topic/19277-royal-ballet-don-quixote-spring-2019/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-269428

Edited by Bluebird