6th Form auditions entry 2022

Silversparkle

Hi, cant find much on here for the up and coming auditions so thought it would be good (for me at least lol) to start a generic one.

my questions to those with prev exp...

ENBS - how many get invited to pre lims and then go on to make final round?  How long do results take? DD is on 23rd and her friend is on 19th - wondering if we need to wait for all pre lims to complete and then wait some more?

Rambert - how many make it thru to recall? how many in the actual yr group starting in Sept?

Tring - how many spaces on the dance course (not talking about funding spaces) as they seem to have so many courses running now compared to when auditioning in yr6 i'm thinking of boarding places too.

Good luck to everyone auditioning - i'm sure you were all much more chatty in yr6 when i wasnt even brave enough to have an account 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PMum said:

Have ENB sent out audition dates now? I’m having a hard time keeping up with all the different dates 🤯

The date was out before Xmas but only just had confirmation. No time allocation tho so don’t know how long we will be there for or what’s required at the audition. Getting bit close now

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/01/2022 at 10:20, MAK said:

Thank you @Silversparkle I will see what I can glean after the event! I do know that the three days of first auditions are showing as fully booked on the website.

How was Tuesday?
A friends daughter was there and said they had 2 lots in that day so guess lots auditioning if they have extra day as well. 

12 hours ago, Silversparkle said:

How was Tuesday?
A friends daughter was there and said they had 2 lots in that day so guess lots auditioning if they have extra day as well. 

DD enjoyed the morning and said she felt the standard was very high. The group auditioning was quite small - 9 or 12 dancers - so they will certainly all have had the chance to be seen!

• Like 2

On 27/01/2022 at 00:35, Silversparkle said:

Sorry, me again

My DD did the ENB afternoon audition last Sunday but there’s been no indication of when we might hear.
Does anyone know if all prelims (end of feb) need to be complete first? 

We thought results would be out after the second auditions but they came out today.  Places have been offered already.  Hope you had good news?

14 hours ago, PrancingMum said:

We thought results would be out after the second auditions but they came out today.  Places have been offered already.  Hope you had good news?

Is this an actual place or finals?  We have only heard of “no” results for three of DDs friends two girls and one boy.

On 10/01/2022 at 15:58, Silversparkle said:

Tring - how many spaces on the dance course (not talking about funding spaces) as they seem to have so many courses running now compared to when auditioning in yr6 i'm thinking of boarding places too.

Has anyone got any more information on the number of places available in 6th Form?  Do all those offered places get a funding offer?  Do all get offered boarding?

Edited by Dance.Mum

Not everyone gets funding audition for Tring, I believe they send out no’s, yes without boarding, and yes with funding audition.  Everyone who is successful for funding will automatically get a boarding place then once the funding is allocated they offer remaining beds.  DD’s year had a couple of kids who were initially in a Homestay in the village, at some point boarding places became available and they then moved into boarding.

Good luck to everyone about start their upper school journey x

1 hour ago, tired dance mummy said:

Hi just wondered if anyone had heard from Tring, my DC auditioned on Tuesday 25 Jan.  It's the waiting ....

Nothing here. DD auditioned on Mon 24th and I know the school breaks up for Half Term tomorrow, so not sure whether that means an extra week to wait?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tired dance mummy said:

Hi just wondered if anyone had heard from Tring, my DC auditioned on Tuesday 25 Jan.  It's the waiting ....

We were told 3weeks from audition date and by post (yr10 audition). Looking at the other threads it looks like they stick to that timescale.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ally6684 said:

We were told 3weeks from audition date and by post (yr10 audition). Looking at the other threads it looks like they stick to that timescale.

Yes we thought similar and those we know who auditioned for other year groups had their results through just over three weeks after the audition. I had wondered if the half term would make a difference but perhaps not if the relevant staff are still in situ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skintdancemum said:

Tring results are out for 24 Jan , at Tring does the dada not cover any accommodation costs ? Is there any support available for accommodation costs if not ? Trying to see if it’s even worthwhile attending funding audition ? X 

That’s the exact question I have as well! 

1 hour ago, PMum said:

That’s the exact question I have as well! 

And us! We have received an invite to the DADA funding audition for a boarding place. However, it says we are on a waiting list for a boarding place as there is no boarding available at the moment. Also is a DADA a set amount or means tested? Thanks. 

• Like 1