Yr12 entry auditions to NBS

Silversparkle

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are doing one just for the students who have been offered a place for 2022 think it’s the beginning of April. She said she would email date when finalised. It will be a great opportunity for them to get to know each other 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jo Jo said:

They are doing one just for the students who have been offered a place for 2022 think it’s the beginning of April. She said she would email date when finalised. It will be a great opportunity for them to get to know each other 

Oh perfect thank you for the info, we will hold off for that one then 😃

20 minutes ago, Jo Jo said:

That’s fab! It’s great that it’s before the summer and they’ll all have met each other! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jo Jo said:

Hi just spoke to Shona at the NBS. They are just having one workshop over Easter now for all the successful applicants and and people who are interested for next year. 

DD is so excited, it’s a great opportunity for them all to meet before September, she will be booking on 🙂

8 minutes ago, PointeMeTheRightWay said:

Hi everyone. I’m new here so have some many questions. My 16 yo DD has just accepted her place at NBS. Is anyone else here looking at the MSV accommodation and if so have you been able to agree with them to hold a room without payment while waiting for DaDA? 

Unite agreed to cancel room with no charge if we could provide a letter stating funding is unsuccessful.  (I am not sure we should get this so haven’t signed up) MSV said that wether or not DD has access to funding would not release her from a contact so we are just waiting now. DD has had performers official offer now with a deadline of 28 days so she’s hoping NBS are in touch soon !

57 minutes ago, PointeMeTheRightWay said:

Hi everyone. I’m new here so have some many questions. My 16 yo DD has just accepted her place at NBS. Is anyone else here looking at the MSV accommodation and if so have you been able to agree with them to hold a room without payment while waiting for DaDA? 

Hello PointeMeTheRightWay and welcome to the Forum!

2 hours ago, Hairpinseverywhere said:

Unite agreed to cancel room with no charge if we could provide a letter stating funding is unsuccessful.  (I am not sure we should get this so haven’t signed up) MSV said that wether or not DD has access to funding would not release her from a contact so we are just waiting now. DD has had performers official offer now with a deadline of 28 days so she’s hoping NBS are in touch soon !

Thank you, thats very helpful. just hoping that we dont have to leave securing the accomodation to the last minuite. Fingers crossed.

37 minutes ago, PointeMeTheRightWay said:

Thank you, thats very helpful. just hoping that we dont have to leave securing the accomodation to the last minuite. Fingers crossed.

Please take some comfort that uS are very understanding where NBS pupils and their funding is concerned. Also NBS offers of funding come through before most Uni students in their first yr seek accommodation. However don’t leave it any longer than necessary. 
As previously mentioned by others uS do offer the opportunity to book a room then if funding cannot be secured it can be cancelled for NBS unlike other students. 
Always good to look around but please go with an open mind. 😉. 🤞🏼

• Like 1

We have booked a room in New Medlock and managed to speak directly to Zobia. She was reassuring with booking. So ‘verbally’ it all sounded ok if you didn’t get funding.

There are terms and conditions if you don’t take up your space etc in writing but ‘verbally’ it sounded like you would get out ok! It also states that if they fill the room it’s ok.

Zobia at New Medlock was very good at confirming that as long as they book in a flat reserved for Northern Ballet Students only, they can guarantee only ‘under 18s’ will be put in flat. They have quite a few of NBS students and I got the feeling they were keen to have them as students! Think the 16 year old NBS students are well behaved and good residents!!! 🤣

So…we just took the chance and booked so just have to hope all works out!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jo Jo said:

Is anyone going to watch the NBS dance performance this weekend. 

That would have been good…but too far! That’s a great opportunity to see what to expect! 

We have booked DD in for the Easter Workshop though. Apparently quite a few of the new intake have booked so will be good for them to meet up! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ballet-taxi said:

They have quite a few of NBS students and I got the feeling they were keen to have them as students! Think the 16 year old NBS students are well behaved and good residents!!! 

Staff at Medlock and then next door at Parkway always commented that the NBS pupils were Courteous, polite, disciplined, quiet 😉 and exceptionally well turned out even at 8am every morning as they leave the building!! They also commented about how well they look after their flats (there are occasional inspections) where stars are awarded and little gifts are left as a way of saying thank you  🍫

Always lovely to receive a compliment. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hairpinseverywhere said:

DH asked a question I couldn’t answer tonight so I wondered if anyone else could.

If DD isn’t successful in gaining funding for the first year, is there any potential to be given funding in the second?

any thoughts/ experiences?

Hi , we were told if you don't get funding in 1st year you don't get it in 2nd or 3rd year. 

Mj 

Also maintenance us looked at each year so if circumstances change the amount of maintenance loan can also change but fees are paid for each if the 3 years .

Edited by Mjdb
Added info
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Mjdb said:

Hi , we were told if you don't get funding in 1st year you don't get it in 2nd or 3rd year. 

Mj 

Also maintenance us looked at each year so if circumstances change the amount of maintenance loan can also change but fees are paid for each if the 3 years .

Thank you! DH was trying to think of solutions for DD if funding isn’t offered as she’s very set on NBS. Guess we will just have to wait it out 🙂

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hairpinseverywhere said:

Thank you! DH was trying to think of solutions for DD if funding isn’t offered as she’s very set on NBS. Guess we will just have to wait it out 🙂

I know the feeling. It's a horrible wait ! Our dd wouldn't have been able to attend without Dada funding. Hang in there, we were on the path to plan b within days of starting college, then dd got an email & the rest is history!! It really can go that close! I'm a planner so it was then panic to find accomodation but again that worked out perfectly, if it's ment to be it will happen. Good luck !

Mj

• Like 1

On 08/03/2022 at 12:19, Ballet-taxi said:

We have booked a room in New Medlock and managed to speak directly to Zobia. She was reassuring with booking. So ‘verbally’ it all sounded ok if you didn’t get funding.

There are terms and conditions if you don’t take up your space etc in writing but ‘verbally’ it sounded like you would get out ok! It also states that if they fill the room it’s ok.

Zobia at New Medlock was very good at confirming that as long as they book in a flat reserved for Northern Ballet Students only, they can guarantee only ‘under 18s’ will be put in flat. They have quite a few of NBS students and I got the feeling they were keen to have them as students! Think the 16 year old NBS students are well behaved and good residents!!! 🤣

We were really impressed with Zobia too…. She took us on a virtual tour which was really helpful and was very adamant about the NBS under 18s being in a flat all together so I feel quite confident that they’re “on it”! 

We’ve booked in for NMH - flat of 4 on the 7th floor (penthouse suite! 😂) and she mentioned another flat was full, so sounds like there’s a good little gang of them. 

All booked in for the Easter workshop too so hopefully they’ll all get to meet each other. 😊

• Like 4

On 09/03/2022 at 14:00, mum5678 said:

We were really impressed with Zobia too…. She took us on a virtual tour which was really helpful and was very adamant about the NBS under 18s being in a flat all together so I feel quite confident that they’re “on it”! 

We’ve booked in for NMH - flat of 4 on the 7th floor (penthouse suite! 😂) and she mentioned another flat was full, so sounds like there’s a good little gang of them. 

All booked in for the Easter workshop too so hopefully they’ll all get to meet each other. 😊

We viewed Medlock yesterday, Zobia was fantastic, so friendly and helpful! She said there’s one space left in the NBS flat block B 7th floor I think she said and another flat of 4 earmarked so put us at ease over running out of space a bit, DD loved it.

We then went to the NBS show which was fantastic to watch, well done to all involved.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hairpinseverywhere said:

DD has a formal offer in her BIMM portal now. She hasn’t had an email saying it’s there yet so probably get one soon, exciting as feel like things are moving 😁 

DS got an email through just after 1am this morning so if yours doesn't come soon might be worth following up. It's also on portal... all very confusing re: saying they need a deposit within 28 days but not saying how much and where to pay etc. I think we are going to be the guinea pig year for the BIMM admin system!! 😉